GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 - 2011 NHL Playoff thread

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Do the E & the number signify something?

Its the series chassis/style code

BMW has used e for all there cars. E93 (The 3 series vert is the highest the E we will see)

Starting with the new body style BMW will use the F series code for all new cars.

Same thing has how Audi does it. Like B5...b6 ect. Just BMWs way of it.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Its the series chassis/style code

BMW has used e for all there cars. E93 (The 3 series vert is the highest the E we will see)

Starting with the new body style BMW will use the F series code for all new cars.

Same thing has how Audi does it. Like B5...b6 ect. Just BMWs way of it.

Derp, Ive always been confused. My girlfriend keeps trying to get an old 3 series, like 1990 old (she likes the way they look I guess) and I always saw that E93 ect crap and had no idea.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
She wants an e30 then. Which is cool. I love the e30 body style. It's classic. Just hard to find one in good condition. Check e30tech.com a lot of good info and cars for sale on there. I used to own one.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Oil leaks seemed to be a nagging issue. So just keep an eye out for anything leaking under the car.

Cooling issues. A lot of them have over heating issues do to stuck thermostats, ect. Usually something minor that causes it.

Electronic issues. Unless someone really really stayed on top of it. Bound to find something that doesnt work. I was stay try and find one with manual windows, ect.

Most of my issues were minor. idle control valve a few times, 2nd gear syncro, valve gasket leak, radiator crack (Plastic end tanks), ect.

They are pretty damn strong. Especially if you get the manual. The Getrag tranny is pretty damn awesome.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Oil leaks seemed to be a nagging issue. So just keep an eye out for anything leaking under the car.

Cooling issues. A lot of them have over heating issues do to stuck thermostats, ect. Usually something minor that causes it.

Electronic issues. Unless someone really really stayed on top of it. Bound to find something that doesnt work. I was stay try and find one with manual windows, ect.

Most of my issues were minor. idle control valve a few times, 2nd gear syncro, valve gasket leak, radiator crack (Plastic end tanks), ect.

They are pretty damn strong. Especially if you get the manual. The Getrag tranny is pretty damn awesome.

First, i don't understand w/ the e60 (or m5's in general) dont hold value as strong as m3's? Not as much demand?

- I'm actually actively searching for an e30 (325is 87/88/89/90) to modify into a track car. I love e30's. Such great cars.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
look at the issues and the up keep of the M5's Everything cost a fortune and they are notorious electrical nightmares.

The M3 has always been the more popular M car. It's so well balanced. The M5 is a big heavy 4-door with a V10 slapped in. Youre basically at max potential in the M5 as well. You could F/I, but it cost around 40-50k depending on the company. For 5-10k you can s/c the M3 and walk the M5 all day and out handle it.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
look at the issues and the up keep of the M5's Everything cost a fortune and they are notorious electrical nightmares.

The M3 has always been the more popular M car. It's so well balanced. The M5 is a big heavy 4-door with a V10 slapped in. Youre basically at max potential in the M5 as well. You could F/I, but it cost around 40-50k depending on the company. For 5-10k you can s/c the M3 and walk the M5 all day and out handle it.

My moms partner has an M5 and it's decently modded and he daily drives the shit out of it. Has like 118,000 miles on it. The highest mileage M5 in the registry right now.

It gives him plenty of (expensive) headaches but he loves the car and actually drives it.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
My moms partner has an M5 and it's decently modded and he daily drives the shit out of it. Has like 118,000 miles on it. The highest mileage M5 in the registry right now.

It gives him plenty of (expensive) headaches but he loves the car and actually drives it.

The crazy thing is that most M cars with high mileage that are taken care of are in better shape than 90% of the garage queens. Guy on M3forum has an '02 with 246k and still going. And I was reading another thread where a guy with an '03 with 28k had his cam gear bolts shear off and destroy the engine. A lot of the problem threads I see are from cars with low mileage. Never good to let a car sit for extended periods of time.