GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Here is the second session on Sunday. Still had a lot of traffic to contend with. But a lot faster and consistent laps overall. There is a 2:10.9 in there towards the end.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here is the second session on Sunday. Still had a lot of traffic to contend with. But a lot faster and consistent laps overall. There is a 2:10.9 in there towards the end.

How do you find the PCA events vs. the Audi Club?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Amazing!!! It’s scary how close our speeds are, obviously your line is better. I will say you maintain better speeds up the climbing esses, but we both end up at around 111 at the top and 85-86 at T10. Few things are as rewarding as setting a PB after fighting issues. Well done 👍
You are booking it too. 2:12 is fast. Heck anything under 2:15 is getting quick at VIR. Especially in our cars.
Just watched your video again.
Our cars are very evenly matched. All sector times are within 3/10’s. Sector 2 is the only place where I’m significantly faster by 1.5 seconds

We need to meet up at VIR next year.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Not a whole lot.
I do prefer using turn signals with Audi instead of a point with PCA. Especially coming out of Hogpen onto the front straight. I find it safer and easier. There will be many who disagree.

Reactions: q74

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Not a whole lot.
I do prefer using turn signals with Audi instead of a point with PCA. Especially coming out of Hogpen onto the front straight. I find it safer and easier. There will be many who disagree.
I don't get the drama with the turn signal passing...seems easy enough but that's the only thing I've done. Seems like waving your arm out the window is more dangerous. Edit. when I first heard someone say you litterally put your arm out the window and pointed I thought they were kidding...hahaha

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I was running in Black with Carolinas PCA.

That Porsche cost me a few tenths. Could have been into the 2:09’s.
The R’s definitely have an advantage getting the power down. I have to recalibrate my right foot to manage traction.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Not a whole lot.
FWIW it appears that Audi National has eased up on the turn signal thing. I was out at Buttonwillow with the Southern California chapter last weekend and we used point bys. I was at Portland (PIR) 2 weeks ago with the Northwest chapter and they stuck with their enhanced turn signal passing regime. Which was actually pretty nice since it was raining like nobody's business and we could keep our windows up.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
That rear following camera angle sure makes it seem like slow speeds.
Camera car and my car are running similar speeds thats why it appears slow.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
I was running in Black with Carolinas PCA.

That Porsche cost me a few tenths. Could have been into the 2:09’s.
The R’s definitely have an advantage getting the power down. I have to recalibrate my right foot to manage traction.
I was just curious. A friend of mine was running a Janis Joplin inspired GT3 in Black and later Red.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I was just curious. A friend of mine was running a Janis Joplin inspired GT3 in Black and later Red.
Was it this brightly wrapped/painted GT3……?

DAD3DFC5-A07C-4A2D-B1A4-AB127B2B971C.jpeg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
BTW - I was referring to the black Porsche on my fastest lap.