GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Singapore will be interesting.

Merc will most likely have cooling issues so it might be a Fezza/RB duel. Charles’ Austria-born fighting spirit might translate into a Max circa 2017 at lights out.

If it does, Lewis will gladly pick up the leftovers :)

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
What I did really like about the race though was that even if Lewis disagreed with how Leclerc was defending, he didn't let the guy get out of his car before congratulating him.
Team Radio Lewis is like a completely different person from in-person Lewis. I like the in-person version a lot better.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie

Attachments

• albert-einstein-quotes-6.jpg
    albert-einstein-quotes-6.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 223

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
gotta be due to the popularity of the sport in France/French speaking countries. But can the French even like/support Grosjean… At least last season he gave us a fun crash or other debacle like every week.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
gotta be due to the popularity of the sport in France/French speaking countries. But can the French even like/support Grosjean… At least last season he gave us a fun crash or other debacle like every week.

They only care during Bastille Day - the day the French go crazy!

LOL

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So, I see the Singapore GP was so exciting that it left everyone here speechless.

:p

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
It was interesting...and I say that as a Vettel fan lol.
I did not get to watch the whole race, so I still have no official opinion of the matter, but it looks like Ferrari may have done SEB a real solid favor...intentional or not lol.

hans611

Lost
Signapore is tough, because of the saftey cars and the fact you can almost go as slow as you like without getting passed... usually the top runner in a team gets priority pitting, to prevent the other team mate undercutting like it happened yesterday...

But in Singapore everyone is managing the pace for tires, waiting for a safety car.. if LEC blinked first, Lewis would do the oposite and hope for a safety car, position being more crucial due to the difficulty of passing... by pitting the teams second car running, you attempt to induce the other teams to pit as well...

It is what it is, arguably both LEC wins have been thanks to Vettel covering him, because in those cases, that was the best strategy.... sometimes it doesn't work out... this was the best strategy, unless you want to be like mercedes and get on the radio and tell Bottas to slow down so Lewis can slot in ahead after waiting for a safety car to no avail...

Anyways, PEE WAN... it was well deserved

SimoGver08

Passed Driver's Ed
For as long as it has been for Seb winning a GP, he really needed a win. I was feeling bad for the guy and how you could tell he was losing confidence in himself with the mistakes he has been making this year and now Leclerc starting to take the spotlight.

How about that Romain Grosjean? I sometimes have a hard time seeing how he's still competing with the others in F1. Williams haven't had a single DNF in 2019, but Grosjean was determined to change that.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
For as long as it has been for Seb winning a GP, he really needed a win. I was feeling bad for the guy and how you could tell he was losing confidence in himself with the mistakes he has been making this year and now Leclerc starting to take the spotlight.

How about that Romain Grosjean? I sometimes have a hard time seeing how he's still competing with the others in F1. Williams haven't had a single DNF in 2019, but Grosjean was determined to change that.

I have to agree on both points. It was nice to see Vettel score a win and Russell's comment on the radio immediately after the incident sums it up regarding Grosjean.

This was another "slow car can't be passed" race but for different reasons than Monza. I found the intentional field backup to be a nice twist to the traditional race strategy though.