GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah that is pretty my exactly how I have been feeling about him as well.
He's good, there is no doubt, but he needs to get over himself.
Maybe when he starts winning more races he will mature a bit.
Or that could possibly make him worse, who knows lol.
It's not like his father has set a good example for him...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
On a side note I'm also curious to see how Lance does with daddy's team this year.

As much as I’ve apologised for his being in F1 (similar to Beiber for being born), but a proud Canadian, I’m curious to see as well.

Also curious to see Sergio get demoted to #2.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I think he has talent, but I'm not sure it is F1 level talent. Ocon has so much more talent, but his dad didn't buy him a team. Time will tell.

F1fletch1

So many great stories this year. Hopefully Ferrari can pick up the pieces and Binotto can do some good. I had mixed feelings about the Marlboro man, but many in the know say he contributed to the second half slump.

Watching RBR in earnest along with Williams, great respect for Kubica.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised.
Especially if Ferrari continues to give the Merc's a run for their money over the next couple seasons...
But still, anything can happen.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised.
Especially if Ferrari continues to give the Merc's a run for their money over the next couple seasons...
But still, anything can happen.

I saw an interview with Anthony once that the target has always been Ferrari. McLaren just got to him first.

But I don’t see it happening for two reasons: 1) he’ll be old by the time his Merc contract is over barring an extension (say he wins both WC’s) and 2) he won’t go unless Seb is gone and I don’t see Seb leaving his childhood hero’s former team.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
John Elkann is the one that will make that call, not Vettel.

That’s very true. But for a driver like Vettel, there’s a bigger chance of him leaving (due to an underperforming car) rather than him being asked to leave (as an underperforming driver).

He made a lot of mistakes later year, but he’s still one of the best out there.

Now imagine a straight swap with Lewis.

Scala

Ready to race!
The political currents in and around Ferrari can be demoralizing for anybody and it takes Fangioesque calm to deal with them successfully.
Good car or not Vettel has one more year to deliver and he knows it.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
The political currents in and around Ferrari can be demoralizing for anybody and it takes Fangioesque calm to deal with them successfully.
Good car or not Vettel has one more year to deliver and he knows it.

I would agree with this, especially if Leclerc has a good season. And of all the teams in F1, Ferrari is the most likely to let a top notch driver go if they aren't getting the results they want.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, that makes sense.

I really hope Leclerc can pull a Lewis and fight for the WC on his debut with a top team. The last time Fezza let a top notch driver go (Alonso), it hasn’t gone very well so far (Vettel).

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I don't see this change bringing balance to the field but if it achieves more overtaking I think the lost time will be worth it.