GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Seems that way. Shame to see. Do you think the rumors of a return to Red Bull might be true?
He will probably quit after this season. He isn't happy, his performance is lack luster & he wants to spend time with his family

armedferret

Ready to race!
He will probably quit after this season. He isn't happy, his performance is lack luster & he wants to spend time with his family

lol, the last bit of course being the same BS excuse Nico used when it was quite obvious he had used literally EVERY dirty trick he could think of just to beat the man who was CLEARLY the better driver, and knew 100% there was no chance of a successful defense, so why even bother :p

it sucks, i'm a huge fan of seb. he's always been a really good guy. maybe overly dramatic, but then they all do that now and again--the stewards are always listening, so you up the drama and do what you can to make the other guy seem at fault. but seb's always been respectful and respectable. i feel bad for the guy having a worse and worse time. 4 titles is nothing to sneeze at though.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
but seb's always been respectful and respectable.

Guess you forgot about Azerbaijan 2017.

Since then, though, he has upped his respect game and I've changed my views on him. The guy wants to win (multi 21, anyone?) and he isn't. He's making more mistakes and it seems the pressure is getting to him.

I'd hate to see him go.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
If he does retire, who fills his seat? I'd like to see Ricciardo back in a car that's capable of winning races, but will he want to step back into a scenario where he's the senior driver to a teammate who's been anointed as a future champion?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
If he does retire, who fills his seat? I'd like to see Ricciardo back in a car that's capable of winning races, but will he want to step back into a scenario where he's the senior driver to a teammate who's been anointed as a future champion?
That would be a good choice. If Ferrari was better I could see Hamilton jumping ship to Ferrari(doubtful).....we all know everyone wants to drive for them at some point in their career.

What they need is someone consistent which vettel is not.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
lol, the last bit of course being the same BS excuse Nico used when it was quite obvious he had used literally EVERY dirty trick he could think of just to beat the man who was CLEARLY the better driver, and knew 100% there was no chance of a successful defense, so why even bother :p

I wouldn't automatically call it a BS excuse. Not everyone has the same goals as everyone else.

I promised myself I'd open a business one day. Now that I have, I personally don't want to open another.

He dreamt of a WC, he got it and left while on top. Now, he's a businessman, tech investor and has a successful YT channel. And he's always on holidays with his family.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
All 3 of the Honda-powered cars that didn't crash on the 1st lap finished in the points, while Renault only managed 8th and 14th, and both Mclarens suffered engine failure. How long before Zak Brown has to suck it up and admit that they're partially responsible for their recent woes, and goes crawling back to Honda for an engine contract? If/when that happens, how long before Renault are forced to admit that they no longer have what it takes to win races?

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
So I was nervous about betting on Albon or Gasly in this race due to the change in car and they both perform like rockstars. Meanwhile Sainz gets an NC and Kimi is relegated to nearly last due to Max's poor judgement on turn 1. And as a result my fantasy team got schooled.

It was nice to see Ferrari putting up a fight in the race. It would have been even more fun had Max been in the mix as I think it would have impacted pit strategy for both Ferrari and Mercedes. Now we just have to hope that Ferrari doesn't implode at Monza like last season.

And as for the F2 crash, man was that bad. I saw a video showing the crash occur and the two cars involved were literally torn apart.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
No, but maybe you forgot about him admitting later he was wrong and never should have done it.

Now point out where nico apologized and admitted being wrong when he caused Spain 2016.

Good point, but no respectable driver would've done what Seb did even in the heat of the moment. And besides, Nico and Lewis were racing in Spain. Seb was behind Lewis behind a safety car then comes up with this BS of brake checking.

But as I said, he's gotten much better since then and I respect him a ton more now. Would hate to see him retire early.

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I take back what I said. Time to go, Seb.

Well done, Charles. If I didn’t like Ferrari so much, I’d cheer for you more!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I needed a reason to hate Leclerc and Ferrari (again). The squeezing of Hamilton off the track with no penalty gave it to me! :p