GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

torga

Autocross Champion
Man, such excellent racing! Verstappen and Hamilton had a true battle, multiple times throughout the race. Man, the restart after the first safety car... Max just immediately shut the door on Lewis with that overtake.
This is why we watch Formula 1, guys. Beautiful moments like these.

Shame about the Ferrari boys. That's another Hamilton/Rosberg or Vettel/Webber situation. I honestly can't really fault Vettel - it seemed like he thought he was past Leclerc. Thosecars are extremely difficult to see out of. Shame that it happened just after Leclerc's great overtake on Vettel.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I don’t like how Seb interrupts the question when things don’t go his way.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Man I feel like we are back to the beginning of the season, Max's is killing it and Ferrari is tripping over itself. I think the penalty to Lewis was deserved and I would even go so far as to say his apology was genuine. If he didn't care about the race he wouldn't have been pushing like he did or get frustrated with the tire choice at his first pit stop. Lewis may have the championship in the bag but he isn't on cruise control.

I think it sucks that Sainz's first F1 podium was one where he didn't actually get to go on the podium. But man did Albon, Gasly, and Sainz run a solid race. I doubt Albon makes the mistake of leaving the door open like that again.

torga

Autocross Champion
Man, what a boneheaded call by Mercedes to bring Hamilton in for new tires so late in the game. His tires were fine and that was a safe P2; no way he could've passed Max at that point. But they brought him in, put him back out in traffic, and in his desperation ended up P4. Really bad pit call, imo. And I agree, Lewis is in it for the sport. So even if he's already got his 6th, a race is a race and he is pushing because that's still a potential win and that's important.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
And I agree, Lewis is in it for the sport. So even if he's already got his 6th, a race is a race and he is pushing because that's still a potential win and that's important.

Definitely! If he wasn't, he would've retired, bought vegan jet and released an album by now. :p

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I'm genuinely curious how Fezza will move forward with this. They've always been a #1/#2 driver team, so this is new ground for them - partly the reason why I don't see Lewis finishing his career with them.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm not familiar with Fezza. What/who is that?

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh word, all right. I've never heard that nickname before. Thanks.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I feel like it is more popular saying with those who are out of the USA.
I very rarely hear it...

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Abu Dhabizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

torga

Autocross Champion
I was in a non-sports mood yesterday, coupled with accidentally spoiling the winner for myself, I decided not to watch it and just check out the highlights. It was a pretty low-stakes race, I guess that's why I didn't feel like bothering.
Some 2019 Season Comments:
Really happy that Lando's rookie season went so well for him. He's such a lovable guy - he's got a fun social media presence.
Really sad that I had to watch Ricciardo struggle so much at Renault this season - he's one of my favorite drivers. Same as Lando, just such a lovable dude.
Leclerc's first season at Ferrari I dare say couldn't have been better. Three wins and seven poles - that's superb. Really looking forward to his progress.
I hope that RBR continues their stellar development with Honda; Max got to fight a lot this season and I love that.
I hope that McLaren keeps their nose down and gets their chassis back to top-grade again; they had a great year with Carlos and Lando.
Williams...
Toro Rosso had some good performance this year as well, especially in Brazil (goodness, what an overall awesome race).
If Mercedes keeps their level of performance, Hamilton is going to be breaking some big records next year... and potentially matching the biggest record of them all.