GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Jeez, 102 days seems so far away.
Especially with no real news that is still unknown for next season.
The only real change up is at Williams yeah? Every other driver is confirmed (and staying the same) right?
And also no big changes for cars or rules as far as I know.
I'm just waiting for 2021 at this point lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Jeez, 102 days seems so far away.
Especially with no real news that is still unknown for next season.
The only real change up is at Williams yeah? Every other driver is confirmed (and staying the same) right?
And also no big changes for cars or rules as far as I know.
I'm just waiting for 2021 at this point lol.

2019 brought out the weaknesses of the top three teams, so I'm very curious as to how they manage them for 2020.

With a revamped Honda, can't wait to see Max (and maybe Alex, too) fight it out with Charles, Seb and Lewis. Hopefully, Sainz and Lando, Danny Ricc and Ocon can spice up the mid-field.

I really hope Haas can build a drivable car as well.

But man, 22 races! It's no surprise Valteri and Emilia split - so sad! But I suppose, they grew up with one goal in mind - getting into and succeeding in F1.

torga

Autocross Champion
Here's a fun metric. Even if Lando scored zero points, McLaren would've still been 4th in the Constructors' with Sainz alone. Dude had such a good year.

I'm tired of Haas's drama - it seems like Grosjean and Magnussen can never get along and they blame each other for anything between them.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm really rooting for HAAS. I was also hoping to see GRO get dropped but oh well. Everything I saw from basically after the summer break said they were already focusing on next seasons car. So hopefully they will be able to deliver.
There are definitely some things to look forward to. But not a whole lot of real change.
I am excited to see how VET and LEC get along next year, since as far as I know Ferrari is going to let them race...or so they say lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Here's a fun metric. Even if Lando scored zero points, McLaren would've still been 4th in the Constructors' with Sainz a lot. Dude had such a good year.

And for that, he got his custom 600LT :D Maybe, that was agreed upon before his 2019 performance, but he's mighty impressive! Can't help but consider Macca back in the top teams again once they get Merc engines.

torga

Autocross Champion
I think I subconsciously avoided watching Abu Dhabi because I wanted Brazil to remain the final race of 2019 in my mind. Probably my favorite race of the year.

Other than Latifi in and Kubica out at Williams, there really isn't much in the pipeline for 2020, other than looking forward to Hanoi and Zandvoort. I'm very happy that they're adding another street circuit since they're generally my favorite tracks.
Buuuuut who knows what Silly Season has in store for us? Anything can happen in 15 weeks.

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah I totally forgot. I think it was announced months ago and then @CarlosCanizares mentioned it above.
Oh scheiß, I completely glazed over that in his comment. Wow. Hulk hasn't really made many waves in F1, but it's still surprising to see him leave.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I may have too high of hopes for 2020, however over the last three seasons we have seen Ferrari transition into having the faster car, Red Bull adopt a new power unit that is both faster and more reliable than the Renault one they dropped, and McLaren has go from a joke to a beast. So even without the major car changes slated for 2021, there should be enough tweaks for 2020 to keep it interesting.

Hopefully Ferrari doesn't take a third of the season to figure out their aero package and we finally see the Mercedes vs. Ferrari showdown we have expected for the last two years. And if Honda can keep up the forward momentum, Red Bull should be in the mix as well.

Oh and we definitely need to get more people to go in on a forum F1 Fantasy league. I was way more concerned about the midfield action this year since I needed those guys to score some decent points for me. And since the scoring accounts for way more than just championship points it makes the choices interesting. Who would have thought a guy that scored 0 championship points would have placed 12th overall in Fantasy Points.

torga

Autocross Champion
Damn, so that means Williams is basically racing for free! :ROFLMAO:

Papa Stroll looking at buying a controlling stake in Aston Martin. If that happens, Racing Point will be rebranded and we'll see a splash of British Racing Green on the grid! I want him to do it, purely for the aesthetics. Could also be an entry point for Aston Martin themselves to potentially get back into F1.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Papa Stroll looking at buying a controlling stake in Aston Martin. If that happens, Racing Point will be rebranded and we'll see a splash of British Racing Green on the grid! I want him to do it, purely for the aesthetics. Could also be an entry point for Aston Martin themselves to potentially get back into F1.

...and Red Bull Aston Martin will be no more. Red Bull Honda sounds good to me!