GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Either he's lost the desire for the triple crown or he was offered a TON of money to join a lacklustre team similar to when he left.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Maybe he has some provision to be able to still race Indy. I mean I wouldn't be surprised.
Unless he wins it this year then he won't have to worry about that lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
What bugs me about it is if he really thinks Renault can give him a championship-level car.

hans611

Lost
Alonso is still relatively young... he has plenty of time for a run at a triple crown... He is still racing the Indy 500 with Mclaren this year, and probably will have a go at it every year from now on....

I also feel Mclaren is part of this deal and if need be he could very well hop on the non-factory Mclaren, with them lending Lando to Renault....

Cyril Abiteboul loves to have a lucrative driver on board.... probably offered $$$ he couldn't resist. I think in the end, he wants just his engine to win.... its very strong this year.... hopefully Renault keeps on funding it before Renault-Nissan implodes.

Wonder what Seb is up to.... I think he is done..... 4 is enough, he has kids and a family.... Alonso is still very very hungry. Love to see him race, I have almost 2 decades seeing him race :)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Wonder what Seb is up to.... I think he is done..... 4 is enough, he has kids and a family.... Alonso is still very very hungry. Love to see him race, I have almost 2 decades seeing him race :)

I think it is really up to him at this point. There are still technically plenty of options for him since there are a number of unconfirmed seats for 2021.
And I'm sure almost any team would be happy to have him. Whether or not he would even want to is another story.

Teams with non confirmed drivers for 2021 are:

Mercedes - Yeah right
Red Bull - I don't see them replacing Albon (Max in contract).
Alpha Tauri - Hard no
Aston Martin - Stroll Sr. dropping Stroll Jr, I mean maybe.
Alfa Romeo - Honestly, maybe?
HAAS- Would LOVE this. But Ehh probably not (assuming HAAS even sticks around)
Williams - Again, I don't see it.

hans611

Lost
I think it is really up to him at this point. There are still technically plenty of options for him since there are a number of unconfirmed seats for 2021.
And I'm sure almost any team would be happy to have him. Whether or not he would even want to is another story.

Teams with non confirmed drivers for 2021 are:

Mercedes - Yeah right
Red Bull - I don't see them replacing Albon (Max in contract).
Alpha Tauri - Hard no
Aston Martin - Stroll Sr. dropping Stroll Jr, I mean maybe.
Alfa Romeo - Honestly, maybe?
HAAS- Would LOVE this. But Ehh probably not (assuming HAAS even sticks around)
Williams - Again, I don't see it.

Its either Alfa or Haas... i doubt he wants to, that's what I mean, i think he knows its time to move on. Unlike Raikkonen, i don't think he can treat it as "just a hobby"... either he fully commits to winning or he retires, semi-gracefully now...

Which is too bad because I am a huge fan and consider him one of the best.... His stay at Ferrari was just painful, which is the norm, I have been a Ferrari fan since Rainkonen 2007... all I have known since is pain....

Alonso 2010-2013 was just excruciating... you could say I did not like Vettel back then... he just drove his heart out.... I am happy to have him back, I believe he still has it... he is only 3 years older than Hamilton... at 38 v 35, does it matter?

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally was able to watch the race yesterday. My F1TV subscription was royally fucking up -- kept saying I didn't have one at all. I wish they'd finally stop dragging their feet and come out with Apple TV / Android TV apps. It'd be nice to watch races natively on my Apple TV instead of casting to my Chromecast. Anyway.

What a mess all the retirements were. Really unfortunate for everyone, especially Verstappen and Ricciardo. Haas over here again with both cars out for identical reasons.
I knew the podium so the entire time I was wondering how the hell Lando was snagging P3, especially towards the end where he kept getting overtaken after the safety car restarts. He put in a banging last lap, since he would've been P4 if the race ended at lap 70. Good on him for digging out the juice when it really counted.
I'm pretty impressed with Racing Point this year (was about to type Force India... it's hard to shake that name). They've improved so much.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm not a Vettel fan, but I do feel sorry for him.

Hoping things go well for Alonso. He is stepping into a car that is not a race winning car. He may end up just as unhappy as he was at McLaren.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm not a Vettel fan, but I do feel sorry for him.

Hoping things go well for Alonso. He is stepping into a car that is not a race winning car. He may end up just as unhappy as he was at McLaren.
"The engine feels good, much slower than before. Amazing."

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Ehh maybe not. But I'm just glad to see his thoughts on the subject.
There are also rumors of another big announcement as early as tomorrow.
Something just as big if not bigger than Fernando's comeback...

Hmm....

That would be so funny if Renault announces it's leaving F1 HAHAHAHA