GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
That race was the biggest emotional rollercoaster I think I've ever experienced in F1. Not sure what else to say.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
That race was the biggest emotional rollercoaster I think I've ever experienced in F1. Not sure what else to say.

Agreed. What chaos.

And what a great example of what F1 needs to do, even just once like for a charity event or something. I would love to see the drivers of the fastest cars be put in the slowest cars. Not to take anything away from Russell, clearly he has talent, but it really showcases how much the engineers are just as much responsible for Hamilton's success as he is. Russell has never finished higher than 12th IIRC? And yet with only a week of practice in an unfamiliar car he qualifies 2nd?

I'm just saying, if they had kept it a secret and told us Hamilton was driving yesterday I doubt anyone would have questioned it.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Russell has never finished higher than 12th IIRC? And yet with only a week of practice in an unfamiliar car he qualifies 2nd?

I know he's finished 11th before, maybe more than once. But yes, extremely impressive how quickly he was able to adapt to the faster car from a team that has always designed cars for drivers much shorter than he is.

I'm just saying, if they had kept it a secret and told us Hamilton was driving yesterday I doubt anyone would have questioned it.

I never thought about it that way, and I think I agree. Couldn't really identify any mistakes he made yesterday.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I really enjoyed that race. So many plot twists. Glad to see Perez win, but would have been very happy to see Russel win. Russel drove one heck of a race & that flat tire denied us a fine battle with Perez at the end.

Perez from last to first & yet his team Racing Pointless shows him the door. Such a stupid thing. Junior is the one that should be leaving.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Perez from last to first & yet his team Racing Pointless shows him the door. Such a stupid thing. Junior is the one that should be leaving.

Well, part of him getting to first was Mercedes going all 3-stooges in the pits, but yeah, the climb he made after Leclerc tagged him Lap 1 was still impressive. Even with the Mercedes bungling he likely would have still had a podium from last place and that's not nothing!

Red Bull needs to sign Perez, if they were on the fence before this needs to have clinched it.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
In other news...

Russell and Bottas apparently both updated their Instagram bios by removing Williams and Mercedes, respectively. I'm not on social media, but this is interesting.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie

I have a suspicion that Lewis would have skipped the pit stop from hell. On more than one occasion he has purposefully avoided potentially unnecessary pit stops late in the race.

torga

Autocross Champion
I have a suspicion that Lewis would have skipped the pit stop from hell. On more than one occasion he has purposefully avoided potentially unnecessary pit stops late in the race.
Yep, anyone paying attention would know that was a complete kneejerk call with not enough thought behind it. Their tires were fine, they just pitted not long before that. Suuuuuch a bummer. Hamilton would have absolutely complained on the radio about being called in.

Perez did a magnificent job climbing back up the grid on Sunday – P18 all the way up to P2! But the only reason he got P1 over P2 was directly because of that bonehead Merc call. But I'm glad he finally got his maiden victory, dude deserved it. He works so hard.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I think the Merc brain fart happens to all teams from time to time. My thought was safety car, time for a free pit stop. Man was that free stop ever costly.

As far as Lewis skipping the stop, he might have. He probably remembers the extra stop he made in Monaco that cost him a sure win.

torga

Autocross Champion
You guys seeing this Mazepin mess? Posted an Instagram video of himself groping some poor girl.

1607532109825.png

Thumper

Autocross Champion

LOL Agreed but missing the point. My point was the car is so good Russell who has been stuck in the bottom half in his car was easily able to run the track in first just like Lewis does. ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
LOL Agreed but missing the point. My point was the car is so good Russell who has been stuck in the bottom half in his car was easily able to run the track in first just like Lewis does. ;)
Let's change Formula 1 to Formula Mercedes and give all 20 drivers a W11. Mercedes makes a BOATLOAD of money and we all get to see closer racing. WIN/WIN.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
You guys seeing this Mazepin mess? Posted an Instagram video of himself groping some poor girl.

View attachment 195527

Kids. Sheesh.

Remember when we were smart enough NOT to post video evidence of crimes online? More proof so called 'social media' makes you stupid.