GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Almost every single top driver has something bad/controversial about them.

This includes actually being on top of other drivers ?
800.jpeg

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I started another Golf Mk7 fantasy league for the 2020 season. Any interested parties just need to enter this code to join:

e8056e48b2

Major updates for this season:

1) If your team increases in value in excess of the 100M budget, you can actually bank that overage and use it for substitutions. So if you picked Albon last season you would have seen your budget go from 100M to 108M after his move to Red Bull
2) Turbo Driver can be applied to any driver with a value of 20M or less. (Up 1M from last season)
3) Driver and Constructor costs will start fluctuating as soon as qualifying starts
4) You get two Mega Driver assignments per season, one before the Summer break and one after. Mega Drivers net 3X points and can be applied to anyone on your team aside from the Turbo Driver.

I thought this added a whole new element to watching the races as I actually had a stake in how other drivers outside of my favorites were doing.

I forgot to mention, participation is FREE

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I started another Golf Mk7 fantasy league for the 2020 season. Any interested parties just need to enter this code to join:

e8056e48b2

Major updates for this season:

1) If your team increases in value in excess of the 100M budget, you can actually bank that overage and use it for substitutions. So if you picked Albon last season you would have seen your budget go from 100M to 108M after his move to Red Bull
2) Turbo Driver can be applied to any driver with a value of 20M or less. (Up 1M from last season)
3) Driver and Constructor costs will start fluctuating as soon as qualifying starts
4) You get two Mega Driver assignments per season, one before the Summer break and one after. Mega Drivers net 3X points and can be applied to anyone on your team aside from the Turbo Driver.

I thought this added a whole new element to watching the races as I actually had a stake in how other drivers outside of my favorites were doing.

I forgot to mention, participation is FREE
Is there anywhere to educate myself on the rules and format? I've never participated in a Fantasty-anything, but this sounds fun.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
The information is on the Fantasy F1 site but buried under the "More" menu. Here is a link to the rules page which provides a good overview of how things work:
https://fantasy.formula1.com/game-rules

And here is the page for the point scoring:
https://fantasy.formula1.com/points-scoring

I'm no expert but here are a couple things I would suggest you keep in mind regarding how you build your team:
1) Make sure you pick a good turbo driver. Due to cost restrictions this person will be a very solid midfield performer. But remember that in addition to earning 2x the positive points from them you also earn 2x the negative points in the event of a DNQ, NC, or DQ
2) There are 5 points on the table every race for each driver just for outperforming their teammate. Over the course of the season this can add up.
3) Inconsistency will kill you. You want to pick teams and drivers that almost always start and finish races, reliability is key.
4) Don't forget about points due to overtakes or losses of position. In his last season Alonso qualified well but then always fell to the back of the pack due to his race pace. This can really hurt, especially if this type of driver qualifies in the top 10.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

e8056e48b2

I'm in again. I did horribly last season in Fantasy, but it's fun!
And yeah, it definitely gets you rooting for other drivers in the midfield.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Watched episode 1...going to watch some more today. Pretty awesome season 2 so far.
Just finished watching season 2...it's a great series. (thanks for the original recommendation btw)
I don't really follow F1 religiously during the year, but I like the filming and the summary of what happened and what's going on behind the scenes

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Episode 2 opened my eyes to just how dysfunctional Haas was last year. I still cannot fathom why they brought back the same driver combo this year

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I'm wondering how many of you guys have a "favorite" driver, and why that driver is your favorite. I got really into F1 the past few years (Indycar too), but I just can't seem to chose 1 person or team to root for. Maybe it's a lack of personalities on the grid, maybe i'm waiting for an american driver to get shot.

hans611

Lost
Episode 2 opened my eyes to just how dysfunctional Haas was last year. I still cannot fathom why they brought back the same driver combo this year

Why do you think the drivers are the issue? Clearly the team didn't know how to set up the car.... buying to many non-listed parts from Ferrari without knowing how to piece it all together.... If anything, thanks for Grosjean they realized the upgrades didn't work and downgraded to the Australia spec for the rest of the year... changing the drivers wont fix the car...

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Why do you think the drivers are the issue? Clearly the team didn't know how to set up the car.... buying to many non-listed parts from Ferrari without knowing how to piece it all together.... If anything, thanks for Grosjean they realized the upgrades didn't work and downgraded to the Australia spec for the rest of the year... changing the drivers wont fix the car...

It's definitely both. Dysfunction from top to bottom. Did you watch episode 2 yet? I don't want to spoil it. But some things are said that made it sound like the relationship with the drivers was beyond repair.

Outside of that, to my somewhat untrained eye I just don't see what Grosjean brings to the table. Crashes all the time, and seems to have a terrible attitude. There was a rumor that he was bringing a big chunk of sponsorship money to the table, so that might explain why he still has a job

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Episode 3 should be interesting, will report back.

Just finished watching season 2...it's a great series. (thanks for the original recommendation btw)
I don't really follow F1 religiously during the year, but I like the filming and the summary of what happened and what's going on behind the scenes
np

The filming is stunning, very cool cinematic shots of the cars, the different countries etc...

cooler if you follow F1 through the season cause when you rewatch drive to survive you re-live it through a different prospective
Yeah, that team manager scares me lol. Just finished episode 2, watching episode 3 and 4 today.

The part where grosjean smashes the team managers glass door lol.

I'm wondering how many of you guys have a "favorite" driver, and why that driver is your favorite. I got really into F1 the past few years (Indycar too), but I just can't seem to chose 1 person or team to root for. Maybe it's a lack of personalities on the grid, maybe i'm waiting for an american driver to get shot.
I got into the sport few years ago...

my favorite driver at the time was Kimi when was on ferrari. Then i started to like Max as he got his first podiums and wins, one of the youngest ever. Naturally started liking riccardo before his red bull car sucked...hes just too much of a goofball not to like him lol.

Favorite drivers in order now has got to be Leclerc, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Nando <(hes always laughing )
It's definitely both. Dysfunction from top to bottom. Did you watch episode 2 yet? I don't want to spoil it. But some things are said that made it sound like the relationship with the drivers was beyond repair.

Outside of that, to my somewhat untrained eye I just don't see what Grosjean brings to the table. Crashes all the time, and seems to have a terrible attitude. There was a rumor that he was bringing a big chunk of sponsorship money to the table, so that might explain why he still has a job

Grosjean seems like hes probably fine in practice, qualifying but when it comes to race day he throws out all sense of team work . But again, can you imagine working for that team manager, guy is grumpy af lol

Also i had no idea that rich energy pulled their sponsorship like that, i literally didnt hear anything about that during the f1 season last year.

hans611

Lost
Grosjean seems like hes probably fine in practice, qualifying but when it comes to race day he throws out all sense of team work . But again, can you imagine working for that team manager, guy is grumpy af lol

Also i had no idea that rich energy pulled their sponsorship like that, i literally didnt hear anything about that during the f1 season last year.

They are race car drivers, they are competitive, i can find a video of half the drivers in field doing something similar, smashing windows, throwing steering wheels, trowing gloves, etc... They are all like that, thats the mentality of an F1 driver... which team mates have a good relationship? Not even Carlos and Lando..

Several moments last year where they came close and would get on radio bitching about each other.... Every single pairing, Ocon v. Perez, Nico v. lewis, Leclerc v. Vettel....

I have watched every race since 2013, i also watched most races 2010-2012 when Grosjean first started, he had a bout of crashes as a Rookie (see Spa 2012)....

I wouldn't consider him more crash prone believe it or not, lately it may be possibly worse, imo a combination of a dog of a car and extra pressure... Similar to Vettel and Leclerc, Ferrari brought a dog of a car for 2019 and Leclerc was the extra pressure....

Grosjean and K-mag are good "average" drivers for F1, They both fight for every last point.... bringing in Nico Hulk or anyone to replace one of them wont make a difference, who else do you think is a superior driver that Haas can secure? That can bring all the experience that Grosejan (in F1 since 2012) and K-mag (since 2014) can?

The last thing Haas needs is a rookie in their car, like Santino Ferrucci or something, they need all the experience they can get....

The Rich Energy drama was huge in reddit/r/formula1 ... Pretty much started from day 1 when it was realized the product (the energy drinks) where basically vaporware... Although some cans have been found in stores in the UK lol

codypka

Go Kart Champion
The Rich Energy drama was huge in reddit/r/formula1 ... Pretty much started from day 1 when it was realized the product (the energy drinks) where basically vaporware... Although some cans have been found in stores in the UK lol

That's the most fascinating part of this whole thing. What is Rich Energy's end game in all of this? Jalopnik did a piece on them (i'll link it if I can find it).

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Starting Episode 6 today

Grosjean and K-mag are good "average" drivers for F1, They both fight for every last point.... bringing in Nico Hulk or anyone to replace one of them wont make a difference, who else do you think is a superior driver that Haas can secure? That can bring all the experience that Grosejan (in F1 since 2012) and K-mag (since 2014) can?

The last thing Haas needs is a rookie in their car, like Santino Ferrucci or something, they need all the experience they can get....

Good points were good^

Leclerc and Vettel need to cut the crap this season and give some more space imo... i used to be a Vettel fan but now he just seems bitter that Ferraris "number 2" driver is better than he is.

Had no idea Rich Energy never created their energy drinks for general market honestly, interesting turn of events ...not sure what the move there was
That's the most fascinating part of this whole thing. What is Rich Energy's end game in all of this? Jalopnik did a piece on them (i'll link it if I can find it).
^This

I think maybe that guy at rich energy didnt have the money he said he didnt and was rolling the dice hoping that the f1 team was going to do great and bring in that money for him? i dunno, now i want to try rich energy drink though .