GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

torga

Autocross Champion
The NBA call really surprised me - didn't think it'd be so drastic. Figured they'd just postpone the next few Jazz games.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Yikes. NBA season postponed (not that I care lol) but now THIS?
The Indy Car race in my town is still going forward as planned this weekend though, and I'm planning on attending.
There is only one reported case in the immediate area and a handful in about a 100 mile radius

Glad to here they are planning on going forward with Indy. If they cancel F1 at least we'll have that

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Odds they cancel Australia? i have to think pretty high

According to some twitter posts, all team principals are in a meeting "right now" to discuss the situation.
Right now would be the middle of the night lol.
There was already supposedly a meeting supposed to take place 7AM Friday (Aus time so that would be in just under 7 hours from now.)

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

UGH! McClaren withdraws from Australia GP after team member tests positive for coronavirus. This really casts a pall over the whole season now.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...team-member-tests.1SdS7APKH9kjZRrrJ1RFJ3.html

Was coming here to share this! Big developments.

Yikes. NBA season postponed (not that I care lol) but now THIS?
The Indy Car race in my town is still going forward as planned this weekend though, and I'm planning on attending.
There is only one reported case in the immediate area and a handful in about a 100 mile radius

The NBA call really surprised me - didn't think it'd be so drastic. Figured they'd just postpone the next few Jazz games.

According to some twitter posts, all team principals are in a meeting "right now" to discuss the situation.
Right now would be the middle of the night lol.
There was already supposedly a meeting supposed to take place 7AM Friday (Aus time so that would be in just under 7 hours from now.)

hans611

Lost
So.... its going along after all..

Oh and Vettel christened his new Ferrari Lucilla (Video below)

https://sebvettelnews.com/car-names/
(He changed the name if he got a new chasis mid-season)

Edit: AND what a twist, its called off:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148638/australian-gp-cancelled-after-coronavirus-diagnosis
Still unofficial through....

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I live in the city where the Indycar race is/was being held this weekend.
This morning they suspended ticket sales and said the public would not be allowed to spectate, but the race may still run.
But since this AM, MLS and NHL has suspended their seasons, and F1 canceled their race, and 12 hours of Sebring has been moved to November.
So I bet the St. Pete GP will be totally called off as well.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sucks for us fans, but I understand the decision.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51849163

Yes i understand the decision as well...

Heres an idea.... F1 drivers should do Iracing events and stream them. Id watch lol.
I live in the city where the Indycar race is/was being held this weekend.
This morning they suspended ticket sales and said the public would not be allowed to spectate, but the race may still run.
But since this AM, MLS and NHL has suspended their seasons, and F1 canceled their race, and 12 hours of Sebring has been moved to November.
So I bet the St. Pete GP will be totally called off as well.
Most likely yes

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, the dominoes are falling. MLB and NHL suspend operations. Duke announces it will not participate in the NCAA Men's tourney (which is going to be canceled for sure now).

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
On a totally different note, here in Michigan the governor just announced that they closed ALL K-12 schools for 3 weeks:eek:

Never seen anything like this, almost like it's out of a movie

vbrad26

Autocross Champion

Could you imagine? lol

So the Indy Car St. Pete Grand Prix this weekend is still going to happen, but with no spectators.
Which I'm happy about, at least I'll get to watch some racing, and I may still head downtown to listen to the cars.

Last edited: