GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up in 2021...
Both Hamilton and Bottas' contracts are up at the end of the year but I really don't see either of them going anywhere.
Danny Ric, could make a move that would open up a seat for Seb. Also Sainz could make the move.
Verstappen is probably happy at RedBull, and even though Vettel has quite the relationship with them, I don't see him trying to go back given all that RedBull has invested in Verstappen.
A Sainz/Vettel swap seems to make sense. But who knows...
I've even heard of Fernando possibly coming back to drive for the Scuderia. I think Sainz has a real chance if he can have an impressive season, and supposedly McLaren have already made Vettel a potential offer for if Sainz should leave. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out, but I can't wait for the racing to get started back up

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
An Alonso comeback does seem likely, especially with some recent comments he has made.
I was thinking a Ferrari return for him would be unlikely, but the more I think about it I'm not so sure...

torga

Autocross Champion
It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up in 2021...
Both Hamilton and Bottas' contracts are up at the end of the year but I really don't see either of them going anywhere.
Danny Ric, could make a move that would open up a seat for Seb. Also Sainz could make the move.
Verstappen is probably happy at RedBull, and even though Vettel has quite the relationship with them, I don't see him trying to go back given all that RedBull has invested in Verstappen.
A Sainz/Vettel swap seems to make sense. But who knows...
Sainz/Vettel makes sense, or even Ricciardo/Vettel. I don't think Sainz would go back to Renault -- he not only seems to be happier at McLaren, but they're doing better than Renault. And with the Merc engines that gap should widen (famous last words, as a 2015-2017 McHonda fan).
Agreed with your RBR points. I think given the choice between a RBR return and retirement, Vettel might choose the latter.

I've even heard of Fernando possibly coming back to drive for the Scuderia. I think Sainz has a real chance if he can have an impressive season, and supposedly McLaren have already made Vettel a potential offer for if Sainz should leave. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out, but I can't wait for the racing to get started back up
Their car has been pretty good as of late. If Alonso does decide to return for the Scuderia and they can give him a 2018 or 2019 car, relatively equal to Merc/RBR..... boys.... I think Alonso would have a swinging chance at a 3rd WDC.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Sainz/Vettel makes sense, or even Ricciardo/Vettel. I don't think Sainz would go back to Renault

Sorry I worded that poorly.
Yeah there is no way Carlos would go back to Renault lol.
I was suggesting that Ricciardo could move to Ferrari and Seb would go to Renault.
Sainz will either stay with Mclaren or go to Ferrari. But has he ever been linked to any Mercedes talks?
I would LOVE to see Vettel go to HAAS hah. But I don't think that will ever happen.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hamilton's contract is up at the end of 2020 as well, and there have been stirs about him going somewhere. If that is the case, I don't think an all-star like him would go anywhere other than the Scuderia.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Hamilton has such a perfect situation at Mercedes though. They let him do all his side interests without a word. I don't think Hamilton will move. Bottas' contract is up too, and he's felt slighted in the past by the team. Perez and Hulkenberg could also be options for Ferrari though I don't think as likely as other. I have a feeling that Sainz may stick with McLaren, he seems really happy there.

The silliest of silly seasons is right now. So many possibilities

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
So many possibilities

Right?!
I don't think a Hamilton move to Ferrari is too crazy of an idea.
I just wonder how they HAM/LEC duo would go there. But I feel like Hammy just tried to be like all of his "idols" so I feel like of course he would want to race in red (but honestly who in F1 wouldn't)
I fully believe he is more likely to stay at Merc. Especially if Bottas stays.
Isn't it rumored that Toto Wolff may be leaving Merc. though?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Man, I really miss it even if it's a parade.

Last edited:

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
So it's sounding almost confirmed this morning that Sainz is set to replace Vettel at Ferrari. Supposedly they will be announcing it later this week

torga

Autocross Champion
So it's sounding almost confirmed this morning that Sainz is set to replace Vettel at Ferrari. Supposedly they will be announcing it later this week
That, and potentially Ricciardo off to McLaren. Honestly, that could be my favorite pairing. Ricciardo and Norris are both goofy dudes -- I can only imagine the antics between the two. And if McLaren-Mercedes ends up being a more fruitful partnership than McLaren-Renault, we could hopefully see the honey badger back near the podium, where he should be.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
That, and potentially Ricciardo off to McLaren. Honestly, that could be my favorite pairing. Ricciardo and Norris are both goofy dudes -- I can only imagine the antics between the two. And if McLaren-Mercedes ends up being a more fruitful partnership than McLaren-Renault, we could hopefully see the honey badger back near the podium, where he should be.
Big McLaren fan and this would honestly be a pretty ideal situation for me. Love Sainz and he's been fantastic in the team and helping to drive the recovery. But Danny is by far my favourite driver, can't ask for more than your favourite driver at your favourite team. Should probably wait for everything to be announced officially before getting too excited

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie

I kinda look forward to their off-track antics more haha.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Well jeez are all of you still sleeping?
I figured I would have for sure seen a bit of discussion already lol.

Sainz to Ferrari - Confirmed
Ricciardo to Mclaren - Confirmed
Vettel to ? - .........

If he does not just call it quits his options would be:
Mercedes (both HAM and BOT are not confirmed but likely they will be)
Red Bull (only VER confirmed)
Renault (obviously an open seat next to OCO)
HAAS (I don't think either MAG or GRO are confirmed)

I did not include any of the other teams because I would find it quite unlikely that he would make a move to any of them.
Maybe Williams? lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
Well jeez are all of you still sleeping?
I figured I would have for sure seen a bit of discussion already lol.

Sainz to Ferrari - Confirmed
Ricciardo to Mclaren - Confirmed
Vettel to ? - .........
Just woke up 20 min ago - it's 6:30 MDT lol
Saw it as soon as I woke up. This will be fun, I'm glad this is happening.
There's a warm seat at Renault for Vettel 🤣