GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm more of a JPS, Martini Racing or Gulf livery kinda guy.

I've seen a re-make Ford GT in Gulf and it was SOOOO nice! Also saw a 991-era GT3 in Martini Racing and that I never saw my old GTI the same way again haha.
Oh see, you're talking about the whole livery and I was just referencing the logo itself. JPL and Martini are gorgeous liveries.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
F1 won't cross the Atlantic this year, but Portugal, Nurburgring, and Imola will be really cool.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
I wouldn't expect great racing for Imola and Portimao but new venues are always exciting. Will be fun to watch the cars slinging around the high speed turns there, especially the final bend at Algarve.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie

torga

Autocross Champion
This is a very sexy livery concept, imagining that Gulf was McLaren's title sponsor. Got me hot under the collar.

2v8rzo4o9kd51.jpg

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Imagine that with 18" rims!!!

I started watching the F2 races and it's interesting. A lot of action and the cars look slightly more appealing.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Imagine that with 18" rims!!!

I started watching the F2 races and it's interesting. A lot of action and the cars look slightly more appealing.

The 18" F2 wheels look interesting, from some angles the cars look really modern, I get some sort of futuristic or almost cyberpunk vibe from them, but from other angles they just look wrong. The racing has been quite good though, as it was last year. F3 has been a blast as well.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
The 18" F2 wheels look interesting, from some angles the cars look really modern, I get some sort of futuristic or almost cyberpunk vibe from them, but from other angles they just look wrong. The racing has been quite good though, as it was last year. F3 has been a blast as well.

I've never seen an F2 race until the Styrian Sprint race and was thinking to myself: "Have I been watching the wrong series for the last several years?" LOL. I suppose having fewer laps means they need to get it done faster.

I'm partial to the side angle. Head on still looks weird to me.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
I've never seen an F2 race until the Styrian Sprint race and was thinking to myself: "Have I been watching the wrong series for the last several years?" LOL. I suppose having fewer laps means they need to get it done faster.

I'm partial to the side angle. Head on still looks weird to me.

Identical cars + less aero + younger, aggressive drivers makes for a great show, especially in F3 where you have a 30 car grid instead of 20 or 22. Whenever people complain that F1 has no on-track action, I just recommend they watch F2, F3, or Indy. Great racing in all of those series, albeit with less raw speed.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Identical cars + less aero + younger, aggressive drivers makes for a great show, especially in F3 where you have a 30 car grid instead of 20 or 22. Whenever people complain that F1 has no on-track action, I just recommend they watch F2, F3, or Indy. Great racing in all of those series, albeit with less raw speed.

I need to watch some of them - currently, F1 and LeMans are what I want to watch. I once watched a bit of the Molson Indy Vancouver from a Skytrain Station overlooking the track back when CART was a thing. #paultracy LOL

Can't remember who I had an exchange with regarding the slower cars for the delayed 2021 season. It won't matter to me so much if there was less raw speed, but it has to gain on-track action. Breaking a track record is cool, but not something I care about really.

So far, this year's been great!

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
I need to watch some of them - currently, F1 and LeMans are what I want to watch. I once watched a bit of the Molson Indy Vancouver from a Skytrain Station overlooking the track back when CART was a thing. #paultracy LOL

Can't remember who I had an exchange with regarding the slower cars for the delayed 2021 season. It won't matter to me so much if there was less raw speed, but it has to gain on-track action. Breaking a track record is cool, but not something I care about really.

So far, this year's been great!

I agree, and even if cars get a few seconds slower after a large design refresh, teams will find that time back within a couple years through design refinements. I think cars were predicted to get 1.5s slower per lap or so in 2019 with the simplified front wings, but teams found more time elsewhere and the '19 cars were faster anyways.

torga

Autocross Champion
I agree, and even if cars get a few seconds slower after a large design refresh, teams will find that time back within a couple years through design refinements. I think cars were predicted to get 1.5s slower per lap or so in 2019 with the simplified front wings, but teams found more time elsewhere and the '19 cars were faster anyways.
The cars got slower in 2014 after the V6T regulations, but quickly got that time back again, and more. Very much looking forward to car development!! Minimum weight is going from 743kg (1638lb) to 768kg (1693lb), pretty obese relative to F1 history!
Min weight for 2000-2009 was 600kg (1323lb). Cars were allowed to be as light as 500kg (1102lb) as recently as 1987.

torga

Autocross Champion