GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Most heartbreaking moment of the race;

When Russel takes a hard left and drives straight into the wall.......................while following the safety car. God help me I laughed, but I feel really bad for him, that will just eat him to pieces inside.

It would've been such a shame if Latifi scored their first point.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I think Lewis may be reaching the end of his career. He really has nothing left to prove he's won it all.

If you were in his shoes, would you want to beat the DC record or just be happy equalling it knowing you're the most successful F1 driver ever? Just curious.

If it were me, it depends on where I am in my life. If I had a family/kids, I'd prolly pull a Rosberg and quit at the top and enjoy the fruits of our labour with my family. But being single, I dunno. As much I wish I could be an F1 driver, it would be too much for me, personally.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
OK not quite won it all. Hard for me to image going as far as Lewis has. His shoes don't fit my feet so I can only speculate. Once he gains top spot I can see him retiring.

He is a shoe in for this years & a good bet for next years championship. I think Nico figured he'd never win another championship & called it good.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I think Nico figured he'd never win another championship & called it good.

Agree. Rosberg was a talented driver and deserved his win, but it took significant reliability issues for Lewis to set the stage for him. The odds of that happening again weren't good, so he could either go out on top or come back and fight an uphill battle season after season.

If Lewis is entertaining retirement I think he should come back for next year in search an 8th title and then leave before the 2022 car change. I am not sure if his comments regarding uncertainty are meant to drive contract negotiations or if he is really ready to move on. It just seems like stopping after this year would be a missed opportunity.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
On one hand, stepping out while you are on top
If you were in his shoes, would you want to beat the DC record or just be happy equalling it knowing you're the most successful F1 driver ever? Just curious.

If it were me I would never step out of the race car until I felt I was no longer competitive or having fun. Seriously, his job is to drive a freaking F1 race car. I go to work so I can afford to go to the track, his JOB is going to the track and he makes damn near Scrooge McDuck money doing it. Sign me up. LMAO

If Lewis is entertaining retirement I think he should come back for next year in search an 8th title and then leave before the 2022 car change. I am not sure if his comments regarding uncertainty are meant to drive contract negotiations or if he is really ready to move on. It just seems like stopping after this year would be a missed opportunity.

My thoughts exactly, I am surprised by his statement about not knowing if he'll be around much longer unless it's a contract negotiation tactic (or concern that the new rules will succeed in knocking Mercedes off the top rung).

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Congratulations, Lance Stroll!

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Would not have predicted that grid in a million years

torga

Autocross Champion
Congratulations, Lance Stroll!
Would not have predicted that grid in a million years
Yeah, you can't come up with an excuse at all, he 100% nailed that lap and deserves the praise. I was very surprised.
If the weather remains the same tomorrow and Max has a modicum of luck, I think he may win the race. His race pace in the wet is something else, almost Senna-tier.
Very surprised at the Mercs, especially Hamilton. He is also no slouch in the wet, so the Merc must really not be set up well for wet racing.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Today was yet another example of why LH is a 7-time world champion and Stroll is just a spoiled rich kid holding the seat of a talented, deserving driver. Thanks, daddy.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Today was yet another example of why LH is a 7-time world champion and Stroll is just a spoiled rich kid holding the seat of a talented, deserving driver. Thanks, daddy.

It was the graining that did this. The graining deserves his seat more than he does 🤣

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
WOW! I have been watching F1 for 25+ years and haven't seen a car burst into flames like that in MANY years. Glad Grojean wasn't seriously hurt. If he has broken ribs like first reports suggest, I would think he has raced his last F1 race. This should silence any critics of the HALO.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
RG needs to play the MegaMillions this week.