2020 GTI mk8

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Looks nice from what I can tell.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I just can't with those headlights, atleast not from want I'm seeing. But the bodylines are looking much better than what I've seen so far so that's a plus

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I agree I'm not liking those lights either. Maybe they will grown on me, but I have my doubts. Fake exhausts no way. I bet the GTI will get real pipes while the other varieties go with the fake ones.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I dont mind the headlights, but I don't like the line of light at the top of the headlight. The grill is kinda ugly and the VW emblem being recessed half way into the bumper is kinda weird.

The front end seems pretty square. I want to see what it looks like without the wrap bs.

I wonder if it's a black car underneath or if the entire roof is black now.

The other thing that catches my eye is the slope on the rear windshield. It's not so vertical anymore, and I'm not sure how much I like that yet.

torga

Autocross Champion
Same as has been said, I really can't say anything nice about those headlights. Looks like a sad robot.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Look like I'll be another generation with the MK6.

Its like they just use rulers to design these things now.

zrickety

The Fixer
It looks like an mk7 with BMW headlights. I'll pass...

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
It looks more like a Corolla Hatchback then a golf. Don't like the sloping hood. Don't like the headlights. Don't like the rear. I think it's a big step backwards in design but maybe I'm just old. Love the MK6/MK7. The MK8 may be the end of the love affair. Funny that I think the new Mazda 3 looks sweet with the skinnier headlights and taillights.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don't know how to feel about it yet. I really like every single generation of GTI, even the Mk3, for different reasons.... but right now this one isn't speaking to me. Maybe my feelings will change when I see it in person.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Well the wheels on that wrapped up car are not to be mistaken for what will be sold come production time. they just throw a hodgepodge of parts lying around together for the test cars

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I still prefer all angles of the MK6. Never really warmed up to the MK7 and I know I won't with the MK8.