GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI mk8

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I'll be getting one but will wait after initial launch. Will get at launch if the prices are still pretty low, or i can find a low mileage used model.
I wouldn’t bother, I dropped my GTI for service at the dealership earlier and got to have a good look at a couple of Mk8 golfs (style trim) they had in the showroom, 🤢🤮 the interior was not nice at all, and In person the front looks worse than in the pictures, even though the mk8 GTi will no doubt be better looking, I've now decided, I WILL NOT be getting one based on my experience today.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I want to make that decision after I drive one. I absolutely love the MQB platform, and if it is lighter and little less cluttered, i'd be a happy camper, looks aside.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Doesn’t matter the generation of Golf - people hate the new model as it’s announced then rush to trade in for it.

I for one am still planning to get an MK8 R as soon as they hit the US, if my Mk6 lasts that long.

Not really worried about final looks/interior. You can keep the base model for all I care. Non lighting package and plaid cloth never appealed to me anyway.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Until I can see it in person I'll reserve my judgement. I'm OK with the outside, it's the inside that has me wondering.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Doesn’t matter the generation of Golf - people hate the new model as it’s announced then SOME rush to trade in for it.

FTFY

I for one am still planning to get an MK8 R as soon as they hit the US, if my Mk6 lasts that long.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Boy that interior layout really loses me. I could live with the exterior, but that interior would drive me bonkers.
Totally agree, it’s one of the reasons I just ordered a new M135i Xdrive and didn’t wait for the Mk8 R.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
They don't like the plaid seats which look dull and faded and they don't like the all touch everything operation.
I can see that I suppose. I think from an aesthetic clean perspective it is quite nice. Definitely beats the S3 interior. Not a fan of the circle vents.

It's not the plaid seats that would bother me, it's the glass cockpit with no buttons to touch. Having to look at everything you do. Distracted driving is a thing & this GTI's layout will add to that. Just my .02 here.
I can see that. I suppose you wouldn't know until you have a chance to test it out. I hold the aesthetics are nice. Absolutely beats all interiors in the price range. IMHO.

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Got all those touch buttons on the Caddy. For some functions those are ok, for other functions those straight up suck. I would not want those on the steering wheel ever.