GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Ocon's future yes, I think purely from a speed perspective though. With Ocon at the start of his career needs to match Alonso at the very least. If Alonso is faster at the end of his career, Ocon doesn't have much of a future at a top team. And I think Alonso has had an attitude adjustment doing LeMans, Indy, an Dakar. He will still be political, he is just that way, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was at McLaren in '08
And if Ocon can't match Alonso's speed, I'm worried it'll be another Vandoorne situation. Poor guy, was a solid driver. Just not when your teammate is Fernando fucking Alonso.

I also have to agree with your second take. The variety of motorsports he has participated in during the last few years have surely rounded him out in the "getting along" department.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah there was no way Hamilton (and and Merc too I suppose) would have not signed for another season.
Hammy needs that 8th title for his ego lol. There was no way he would settle for that.
What will be interesting though is if he does not get that 8th title this season...then what?
Otherwise if wins I can see them going their separate ways. Who decides to leave who though would be the real question...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Yeah there was no way Hamilton (and and Merc too I suppose) would have not signed for another season.
Hammy needs that 8th title for his ego lol. There was no way he would settle for that.
What will be interesting though is if he does not get that 8th title this season...then what?
Otherwise if wins I can see them going their separate ways. Who decides to leave who though would be the real question...
I agree on his ego part lol.

This may light a hotter flame under him to truly perform. I feel is he doesn't get that 8th, he retires. Merc really wants Russell and Ineos wants Hamilton. Toto seems he's on Lewis' side, but I think he's good either way lol.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Wow, he's a better person than me. Knowing how I was during my Junior Golf days, I would've made a big fuss about it and let it ruin my round.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...campaign=RSS-F1&utm_term=News&utm_content=www

I started the article thinking it was going to be about him whining about it, or blaming his crew when there was no excuse and blame was completely on him if you watched the replays. I don't see eye to eye with King Lewis or his ego but damn I respect him exactly for showings of sportsmanship and good attitude like this. He watched the video and owned up to it, that is not a common result in sports these days.

This was such a funny penalty for me too because just a couple weeks earlier I was at a track event myself and missed out on a bunch of track time due to big ego drivers not paying attention. Lap 2 of session 1 someone got over eager and spun into a wall out in the grass bringing out a black flag. Myself and 5 others were the only ones to pull into the pits, the other dozen or so yahoos kept driving for an entire lap. They then just ended our session completely to get them off the track and address the wreck. Session 2 they decided to test us and threw a black flag halfway through, a few more people noticed but still a handfull kept driving. Keep in mind we had a LONG conversation about missing the flag after the first session and they STILL ignored it So another session ended early. 3rd session they tossed a red flag after lap 3, a RED FLAG and evidently several morons drove past 3 flag stations before stopping........so they black flagged us and another session ruined. Out of three 25 minute sessions I got about 10 laps. No idea why only the people not obeying flags weren't pulled off the track instead of us all being punished, talk about unfair penalty lol.

But hey, if an F1 driver can miss two bright red lights I guess some Vin Diesel wanna be in a Camaro can get some slack. :cool:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I started the article thinking it was going to be about him whining about it, or blaming his crew when there was no excuse and blame was completely on him if you watched the replays. I don't see eye to eye with King Lewis or his ego but damn I respect him exactly for showings of sportsmanship and good attitude like this. He watched the video and owned up to it, that is not a common result in sports these days.
I thought the same thing. But next he will do something that makes me think that hes a wanker again lol

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Vbrad: or when he shows up to an event wearing a matching outfit taken from a 90's tablecloth LOL.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Hahaha yeah perhaps...
Scooting into the 2021 season like...

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
yeah, Hamilton has a very strange sense of style/fashion. I should be the last person to criticize somebody else's fashion but jeez...He has made some questionable choices. Good thing he can drive :)

torga

Autocross Champion
yeah, Hamilton has a very strange sense of style/fashion. I should be the last person to criticize somebody else's fashion but jeez...He has made some questionable choices. Good thing he can drive :)

Schumacher would give Hamilton a run for his money.

1613018023396.png

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Schumacher would give Hamilton a run for his money.

View attachment 202935

That's Jersey Chic right there. lol

Still, nothing beats the shower curtain LL Cool J ensemble.

I am sure celebrities dress this way often just to get the attention and some press. Probably an idiotic idea dreamed up by their team of image consultants. lol