GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow, people on reddit are not liking the Williams livery.
What do they know? I'm a fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Ugh.... FOUR years later and they're finally putting in casting support. Not like casting has existed for twice that time or anything...
This has been my main gripe with F1TV over the years. They started this service to "be modern", but they half-assed it. Finally it seems that we have arrived at three-quarter-assed -- they still have to develop native Android TV and Apple TV apps.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/08/formula-1-upgrades-official-streaming-service-f1-tv-pro/

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I hardly watched any races last season. I was watching them through the ESPN app on the Apple TV.
I have considered getting the F1 TV Pro but didn't think it was worth it. Especially since most of the time I can't watch the races live...

torga

Autocross Champion
I hardly watched any races last season. I was watching them through the ESPN app on the Apple TV.
I have considered getting the F1 TV Pro but didn't think it was worth it. Especially since most of the time I can't watch the races live...
If I could pay for the ESPN sub alone, I'd do that. But if I understand correctly, I need a cable subscription to be able to watch F1 on ESPN.

F1 TV has two tiers: Pro and TV Access. When you sign up for TV Access, they make it seem like the only thing you're losing out on is not having live access. For ~$28/yr vs ~$80/yr, that was a no-brainer for me. Absolutely NO WHERE did it mention that you have to wait 48 hours after any portion of the race weekend to be able to watch on-demand. There was nothing during sign up that said this. So all of last year was a game of how lucky can I be during Monday and Tuesday to avoid spoilers before I can actually watch the race?? It was awful.
With the Pro tier, you can sit down right at the end of the broadcast and throw up the race, on-demand. I'll be getting Pro again this year. Saving $60 over the course of a year was not worth having most of the races spoiled for me before I could even watch them.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
So yeah I was using my parents log in credentials to get ESPN lol. I don't have cable...haven't for years now.
I too was going to go for the "Access" (because sometimes I can't get ESPN to work since I'm basically bootlegging it) but I saw what you came to find out and I was just like yeah, no.
Even though I didn't watch a lot of races live, I never went back to watch them because I had already known the outcome.
I'm either watching it live, or not at all. So for as little as I have been watching the last 2 seasons, it is not worth the $80.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys stream Hulu? I don't have cable and we subscribe to Hulu and our plan has NBCSN so has the SkyTV broadcast. You can then DVR it (with the Hulu plan that has a DVR) or watch it live. I didn't realize it at first and got F1 TV through Roku to try it.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Hmm yeah we have a Hulu subscription. But are you talking about the Hulu live TV option?
We don't have that...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Hmm yeah we have a Hulu subscription. But are you talking about the Hulu live TV option?
We don't have that...

Yeah, you need Hulu Live, has built in DVR. That's how I watch, just set the DVR and then sit down later that day.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
We have Spectrum as our internet provider and the offer a live TV app for your Apple TV or whatnot, and we have that.
I THINK there is a way to add a sports package so I may look into that to see if it is worth it.
I thought I had found the best solution last season with the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ monthly bundle but then I found out I could not watch F1 on ESPN+

torga

Autocross Champion
99cyude9d7m61.jpg