GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Sam from Seen Through Glass is right that Mick wasn't the most convincing F2 champ. But Mazespin isn't even a convincing F2 driver.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
It's worth noting that Bottas' pit stop was still longer than Mazepin's entire time spent in an official race.

Mazepin is totally not fit to drive in Formula one. He was dangerous in F2 but I am still slightly interested to see what he does in F1. I don't advocate his lack of sportsmanship at all, but at the same time I'm interested to see how much he progresses, if at all.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Lol sadly that is not too far off.
I think Russel is more to blame, but at the end of the day it was just a racing incident.
What could have been handled better, was the aftermath...

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I think Russel is more to blame, but at the end of the day it was just a racing incident.
Disagree. Bottas should NOT have been in a position to be overtaken by a Williams.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Well no, definitely not. But there he was lol.

Also, who's in for a meet up in Miami next year?!

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Disagree. Bottas should NOT have been in a position to be overtaken by a Williams.

I feel like they're both at fault. It was a little tricky to figure out how much room Russel had from his onboard, but I think that Bottas should have left much more room than he did.

On the other hand, Russel could have seen that and waited to overtake. He had the pace (or Bottas lacked the pace) so his chance would come again. Oh well.

lol, cota is first on my list but Miami looks like a ton of fun. Excited for that race.

torga

Autocross Champion
2021 Imola lap 32 without context:

Fucking gold, I love this. That was the most heated I've seen drivers in a while.
I'm thinking it's about 70/30, with most of the blame going to Russell. He was pushing, saw his opportunity to overtake a Merc and forgot that wet grass is basically ice. If this had been in the dry, I think Russell would've merely lost some time and no harm done.
But for Bottas, he didn't have to push Russell so far to the edge. BUT, not sure whether Bottas really saw and registered Russell since he was barely coming out of a corner (albeit a gentle one).
Definitely not the fault of any one driver, imo.

torga

Autocross Champion
Ideally I'd like to rent a room in a nice hotel that faces the track and watch the whole thing from there, a la Monaco. I checked the first proposed track layout and a hotel room like that was possible. Haven't checked the final layout for hotels, though.

Really loved Imola, what a wonderful race. My MAN, Norris! Wow! He had an awesome weekend.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Really loved Imola, what a wonderful race. My MAN, Norris! Wow! He had an awesome weekend.

Seriously though, what a race. I'm so happy this season is off to a more than solid start. I'm also thrilled for Lando, I don't support any specific team (until Porsche/Audi figure that out for next season 🤔), But I love Danny and Lando and I'm happy to see Mclaren putting up a solid performance so far.

Season's going to be an awesome finale to the current regs/cars before next year's revamp.

hans611

Lost

Down lol

Well that doesn't really matter though... he can suck all he wants... :ROFLMAO:

The reality is George panicked when side by side as they took the slight right kink before the first set of corners.., Bottas left more than enough room, didn't really "make a sudden movement" like George accuses him, just drove through the kink.. he panicked and put the rear right on the grass and the spun right into Bottas...

What was more cringe was George's reaction afterwards and all the interviews he did, hopefully he learns when to stop.... He really wants that seat for 2022 and without a doubt sees Bottas as his main rival

That dive for position there really wasnt necessary, there was only one dry line... George really wanted to proof something but it really backfired, hopefully he is humbled and comes back better.

Toto Wolf that manages both more or less blamed George and basically said he still had a lot to learn.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
RUS doesn't even really have anything to prove IMO.
If BOT keeps doing what hes doing, and RUS keeps at it as well, it will only be a matter of time lol.
It sounded like Wolff pretty much just told RUS to stay in has lane.
I saw on IG that Williams PR - I mean RUS - posted an apology. Let's see if that actually means something.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I enjoyed the race. They should add water to every F1 race, it really spices things up. Is Perez suffering the curse of being the Redbull number 2 driver already? Great that Mazeaspin lived up to his name.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I enjoyed the race. They should add water to every F1 race, it really spices things up. Is Perez suffering the curse of being the Redbull number 2 driver already? Great that Mazeaspin lived up to his name.
Shit, Bernie was right! Add sprinklers, people!

torga

Autocross Champion
The BOT/RUS wreck could not have happened at a more opportune time for Hamilton. Without the ensuing red flag and reset, Hamilton would've been a lap down from the pace -- would've never been able to salvage a P2 from his mistake. Even when he (very rarely) fucks up, Lady Luck just loves the guy.