GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
The BOT/RUS wreck could not have happened at a more opportune time for Hamilton. Without the ensuing red flag and reset, Hamilton would've been a lap down from the pace -- would've never been able to salvage a P2 from his mistake. Even when he (very rarely) fucks up, Lady Luck just loves the guy.
Nah, he spun intentionally then Piquet’d the BOT/RUS crash so he can practice overtaking.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Yes Lewis had some very good luck yesterday. That being said he is just so good. I do wish Lando could have held on for second place.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Yes Lewis had some very good luck yesterday. That being said he is just so good. I do wish Lando could have held on for second place.
I also feel Mazepin is a Merc pawn paid to help test the new safety car.

My hat is off to that kid. Holding off Lewis in a clearly superior car for a few laps on fading softs is no small thing.

Lando, Charles, Max, Carlos, Russell, maybe Yuki/Gasley...the future is bright!

torga

Autocross Champion
Give the boy all the credit! He held back an attacking seven times world champion for at least 3-4 laps on weary Soft tires. That boy is iron clad. Really looking forward to his career.

torga

Autocross Champion
So who else is gonna be on the grid for the Miami GP?

1618881470878.png

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
With some curbed up Denver's? lol

And Lewis, while he has plenty of skill (and a great car) he also has ALL of the luck.
All about being in the right place at the right time though...you have to make your luck, in a way.

hans611

Lost
haha I bet he was talking about that MK6, he seems to have had it since new....
They show him riding on it with his dad in Episode 8

1618926794858.png

https://www.football24.news/formula...hat-ferraris-carlos-sainz-drives-at-home.html

Honestly, he probably has other cars... this MK6 may be an F1 driver's beater.... but he genuinely enjoys it!
I can't easily find others but these aren't the only times I have heard him talk about his GTI...
When he was in Renault in 2017-2018, they gave him a Megane and I remember him mentioning how much he enjoys driving small hot hatches.

ohhh Lando's start was sketchy as hell, almost took out Danny Ric :oops:

https://streamable.com/i1lmaj

codypka

Go Kart Champion

And Lewis, while he has plenty of skill (and a great car) he also has ALL of the luck.
All about being in the right place at the right time though...you have to make your luck, in a way.
I'm torn, I want to love Sainz for being one of us. But one of the best drivers in the world with wheels scuffed to oblivion? C'mon man

torga

Autocross Champion