GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Just because of the tire choice I think Lewis will win. Why Redbull started Max on a softer tire knowing Merc/Lewis tend to push their tires further baffles me.

I just hope Redbull goes for the undercut and puts him on the hard tires before Mercedes can pit for their second set of mediums.
Max flat spotted his remaining set of new mediums in qualifying and had new softs so he had to do Q2 on softs so as not to start the race on a tire with a flat spot. I don’t think they necessarily wanted to start on softs.

I want to see Max win (not discounting Lewis’ greatness just tired of same guy winning all the time) but I think he needs some safety car help or some other sort of variable to do so.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Max flat spotted his remaining set of new mediums in qualifying and had new softs so he had to do Q2 on softs so as not to start the race on a tire with a flat spot. I don’t think they necessarily wanted to start on softs.

I want to see Max win (not discounting Lewis’ greatness just tired of same guy winning all the time) but I think he needs some safety car help or some other sort of variable to do so.

Yeah unfortunately I think it’s going to take a miracle for Redbulls strategy to work.

We are about to find out!!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It's easy to be a bad ass when you have nothing to lose. I'm amazed at how well the GOAT was able to navigate it and get by in one piece.

If they let him try it again, I'd have Bottas give Max a little bit of the business too. What goes around comes around.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I was just impressed he was able to give Ham the business on 22 lap old soft tires.

I do seriously doubt Bottas could pull anything like that off though, even if given the opportunity. He has had several chances to hold up Max this season and has let him blow by uncontested basically every time.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I agree. Bottas seems a bit low on testosterone. 😅

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oh well, race director decides a championship.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Such an embarrassing ending.

Race director should be fired on the spot.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It's a shame that what had been a great season was cheapened and devalued by arbitrary decision-making with a lap to go.

There has to be a complete overhaul of the race management this offseason.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Well, now that an "epic" season gets nullified by the race director, I hope Hamilton wins every race next year and clinches with six races to go. I want a driver to decide the championship.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
This is one of the biggest bullshit moments I've ever seen in -any- sport.

Just so ridiculous. They let just 5 lapped cars pass and then immediately pull the safety car. The other lapped cars actually should have also been allowed to pass and then the safety car would not have been able to come off. Or those 5 "chosen" lapped cars should not have allowed to pass.

Holy shit.

If you had money on this your TV probably just got smashed.