GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Highly unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't be mad seeing Merc at the top again. :censored:

Car reveal dates:

Red Bull – February 9
Aston Martin – February 10
McLaren – February 11
AlphaTauri – February 14
Williams – February 15
Ferrari – February 17
Mercedes – February 18
Alpine – February 21
Alfa Romeo – February 27

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
LOL, I won't argue that. I probably wouldn't feel that way had Hamilton won his 8th WDC last year.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
I love Lewis, but even if you hate Lewis you should still want him to get #8 so he can retire and you can stop worrying about him.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Back to the scene of the crime.

I'm mostly interested to see if George Russel is a better teammate to Ham than Bottas was last season. Mostly hoping he'll actually be hard to pass cause Bottas would fold in seconds every time Max got on his tail.

hans611

Lost
(Car reveal dates)

Here as well, but in another format...

1644350190698.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I love Lewis, but even if you hate Lewis you should still want him to get #8 so he can retire and you can stop worrying about him.
Nope. I want him to keep trying but never get it.

See it in his grasp but never able to attain that magical #8. So close, yet so far. Spending the rest of his life complaining about how he was robbed of it in 2021.

torga

Autocross Champion
Back to the scene of the crime.

I'm mostly interested to see if George Russel is a better teammate to Ham than Bottas was last season. Mostly hoping he'll actually be hard to pass cause Bottas would fold in seconds every time Max got on his tail.

I'm hoping for Hamilton v Rosberg 2.0, except for a more even podium across the grid.

2016 was a fantastic season between the two Merc boys.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Nope, I want Hami to win his 8th so Schumacher can be de-throned. Didn't really like Schumi then but got more respect for him when he came back with Merc. But still don't think he was a great winner in how he won a couple of his titles or some of his individual wins.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm hoping for Hamilton v Rosberg 2.0, except for a more even podium across the grid.

2016 was a fantastic season between the two Merc boys.

:Spain and Austria enter the chat:

Nope, I want Hami to win his 8th so Schumacher can be de-throned. Didn't really like Schumi then but got more respect for him when he came back with Merc. But still don't think he was a great winner in how he won a couple of his titles or some of his individual wins.
Funny how some of these drivers that are considered dirty, or unworthy of titles/race wins, tend to be considered some of the best to turn the wheel.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
RB18

Edit: Just a livery/new sponsorship reveal

Last edited:

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
:Spain and Austria enter the chat:

Funny how some of these drivers that are considered dirty, or unworthy of titles/race wins, tend to be considered some of the best to turn the wheel.
That's the thing, Schumi was good enough to win without the dirty tactics, but did it anyway. Did you watch the Schumacher documentary? I thought it was fitting that when he was asked about why he was racing in the kart championship for a country other then Germany, he said it gave him the easiest path because nobody else was racing for that country so would qualify without opposition. In a way smart, but illustrated the lengths he would go to win.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I did watch it, but I can't fault him for racing in karts as a driver from Luxembourg vs Germany. Its not just the path of least resistance/competition, it was also a financial benefit to him. Yes his parents owned a go kart track, but he didn't come from money. His point was as a German driver, you pay for qualifying races to make it to the world championships, potentially not qualify, be out the money AND no chance competing at the world championships. As a Luxembourg driver, he was the only driver from that country and would guarantee qualifying for the WC. He still had to beat the same drivers whether he was driver for Germany vs Lux, just less risk and money out of pocket. Ahem, where do I sign up?

There are plenty of things he's done on track that I don't agree with. He clearly had issues where he absolutely did not think he was in the wrong. Jerez 1997, turning into Villeneuve and then not believing he did until Brawn showed him the replay; or Spa 1998 driving into the back of Coulthard and not thinking he was in the wrong what so ever.

Coulthard: Surely you must be wrong sometimes?

pause..

Schumacher: Not that I remember.

Regardless if anyone agrees of his moves, he's still one of the best to ever do it and will always be ones of the GOATs in F1.

That being said, Aston Martins AMR22 launches today and they have a filming/shakedown day tomorrow.