GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Bad luck (and Ferrari strategy) aside, Leclerc finally finished a race in Monaco. Good on Checo though, you could see how much it meant to him.

torga

Autocross Champion
Bad luck (and Ferrari strategy) aside, Leclerc finally finished a race in Monaco. Good on Checo though, you could see how much it meant to him.

Did he, though? It wasn't the full, FIA-sanctioned race distance. So.... technically........ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Damn, I didn't think about that. LOL.

Curious how that post-race debrief went...

torga

Autocross Champion
His radio after that pit bungle had a dangerous aura. I've never heard him so pissed.

torga

Autocross Champion
And JFC, what a crash from Mick!! Broke the dame car in half! Seeing the stewards rolling the rear section away like a wheel barrow was kinda funny. I'm glad Mick's ok.

Speaking of crashes and being OK, Ricciardo's crash during quali (I think?)
Pit wall: "is the car ok?"
Danny: ".... I'M ok
"

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
His radio after that pit bungle had a dangerous aura. I've never heard him so pissed.
Sounds like he's tired of Ferrari losing races on the pit wall. Curious how Ferrari quenched that fire seeing as they don't take criticism very well.

And JFC, what a crash from Mick!! Broke the dame car in half! Seeing the stewards rolling the rear section away like a wheel barrow was kinda funny. I'm glad Mick's ok.

Speaking of crashes and being OK, Ricciardo's crash during quali (I think?)
Pit wall: "is the car ok?"
Danny: ".... I'M ok
"

I'm pretty sure the Grojean accident prompted them (FIA) to make changes to how the energy is dispersed in an accident. Hence why Micks car has turned into a 2-3 piece unhappy meal the last couple times his car has hit a wall.

In all fairness, Rics pit wall did not know that he was in as big an incident as it was, they just that they saw the car stop on track via telemetry. As much as I really like both of these guys, being nice or likeable doesn't keep you your seat.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah I think I remember hearing them comment after his first crash that purposeful changes in design results in accidents that appear far worse than they actually are - all in an effort to disperse all of that crash energy, like you said.
Sort of like crumple zones on your average road car.
Definitely not cheap for HAAS though. But better than a dead driver.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure the Grojean accident prompted them (FIA) to make changes to how the energy is dispersed in an accident. Hence why Micks car has turned into a 2-3 piece unhappy meal the last couple times his car has hit a wall.
bahahaha unhappy meal. Golden.

In all fairness, Rics pit wall did not know that he was in as big an incident as it was, they just that they saw the car stop on track via telemetry. As much as I really like both of these guys, being nice or likeable doesn't keep you your seat.
Oh totally, and my fiancée brought up the same thing. Pit wall didn't know how bad, but at the same time, Ricciardo might also not have realized that pit wall didn't know how bad (in the heat of things). So y'know, he still could've felt bad at the time. I'm sure it all got cleared up later.

But as a sound byte, I'm sure the Drive to Survive people had raging hard-ons after hearing that.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
bahahaha unhappy meal. Golden.

Oh totally, and my fiancée brought up the same thing. Pit wall didn't know how bad, but at the same time, Ricciardo might also not have realized that pit wall didn't know how bad (in the heat of things). So y'know, he still could've felt bad at the time. I'm sure it all got cleared up later.

But as a sound byte, I'm sure the Drive to Survive people had raging hard-ons after hearing that.

Oh yeah, I'm ready to see how blown out of proportion they make it. Really a shame the kind of season they were handed last year, on a platter vs the garbage they gave us.

Anyways, I'm glad we're past Monaco and on to the tracks that generate good racing.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Baku next... it some how tends to always have a bunch of action in one way or another.

I see Pirelli omitted chances of tire failure from the circuit info section.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
I'm still surprised they went with the three softest compounds after last year. I wonder if it will be another M-H one stopper or if they will do a M-M-H type of strategy.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Hoping for the latter of those strats. Baku being Baku, I think we'll have a safety car or at least a VSC at some point that will mix up strategies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hoping for the latter of those strats. Baku being Baku, I think we'll have a safety car or at least a VSC at some point that will mix up strategies.

Guaranteed. Latifi or Schumacher are gonna bin it in the tight castle section. You heard it here first, folks.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Guaranteed. Latifi or Schumacher are gonna bin it in the tight castle section. You heard it here first, folks.
I don't mind 'Never Lift Latifi' adding to Williams financial problems, but I'd be pretty gutted to see MSC crash again. All it takes is to miss that braking point once, any of those guys can have it happen. Even LeClerc has been claimed by the castle section.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Mercs Baku track maps for 2021 vs 2022. Interesting to see them seemingly getting closer to last years corner speeds.