GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
This season should prove to be very interesting. I hope to god that there is more even car performance, however I do not think this will happen. I think the VER-HAM rivalry will come back in force, and I think it will be interesting to see how Checo steps up at redbull, how russel shows up at merc, and how ferrari shows up to these new regs.

Bold prediction time:
I predict that Alpine and/or Ferrari will come out of the gate firing, and pick up podiums/ wins in the early stages, with both spaniards performing well in their second years with their respective teams

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I did watch it, but I can't fault him for racing in karts as a driver from Luxembourg vs Germany. Its not just the path of least resistance/competition, it was also a financial benefit to him. Yes his parents owned a go kart track, but he didn't come from money. His point was as a German driver, you pay for qualifying races to make it to the world championships, potentially not qualify, be out the money AND no chance competing at the world championships. As a Luxembourg driver, he was the only driver from that country and would guarantee qualifying for the WC. He still had to beat the same drivers whether he was driver for Germany vs Lux, just less risk and money out of pocket. Ahem, where do I sign up?

There are plenty of things he's done on track that I don't agree with. He clearly had issues where he absolutely did not think he was in the wrong. Jerez 1997, turning into Villeneuve and then not believing he did until Brawn showed him the replay; or Spa 1998 driving into the back of Coulthard and not thinking he was in the wrong what so ever.

Coulthard: Surely you must be wrong sometimes?

pause..

Schumacher: Not that I remember.

Regardless if anyone agrees of his moves, he's still one of the best to ever do it and will always be ones of the GOATs in F1.

That being said, Aston Martins AMR22 launches today and they have a filming/shakedown day tomorrow.
Agreed, one of the best for sure. Just prefer somebody else on top of the DWC leader board.

torga

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
my favorite detail on the new cars

1644866011452.png

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Alpha Tauri AT03

Williams FW44 - Livery reveal (supposedly a real car will be on track today)

Alfa Romeo C42 - Using some filming time for some shakedown work

torga

Autocross Champion

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Williams FW44 - Livery reveal (supposedly a real car will be on track today)

Interesting to see the subtle differences between the FIA model and what the teams actual roll out with. Not sure how I feel about the squared off intake though.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Definitely getting 2007-2008 vibe from the new front wing height vs last years.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I think the micro fenders look pretty silly but overall the cars look super cool.

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh my god, SEXY. These cars are looking more and more like 90s cars. I'm loving how they're using the black of the floor to shape how we perceive the sidepods.

Plus, with black front/rear wings.... I see what Ferrari are going for this year.... and it's WORKING
Looking like the early 90s 641/2/3 cars. LOVELY!

1645033343697.png

Edit: and no more vomit-green! Hooray!