dtfd

Autocross Champion
Ferrari announced thier strategy for spa

1660178008197.png

torga

Autocross Champion

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm for the changes, but I hope the laps are not drastically slower.

Funny enough, the two manufacturers that are "rumored" to be joining, have extensive hybrid knowledge from Le Mans... especially utilizing large sums of electric power (300+kW).

torga

Autocross Champion
They'll be allowed a 350% increase in energy release per lap from a 200% more powerful electric motor, so hopefully that'll cancel out the losses from a weaker ICE. There will be a lot more turbo lag with these regs, too, so an extra facet to manage for a driver.
With these new regs, it almost feels like F1 and FE will just eventually merge down the line.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
They'll be allowed a 350% increase in energy release per lap from a 200% more powerful electric motor, so hopefully that'll cancel out the losses from a weaker ICE. There will be a lot more turbo lag with these regs, too, so an extra facet to manage for a driver.
With these new regs, it almost feels like F1 and FE will just eventually merge down the line.
Maybe they can allocate some of the electrical output to spool the turbo so that there isn't any lag??

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'd imagine the engineers will do some smart torque filling in the lower RPM range to reduce how noticeable lag is/isn't.

Can they constantly recover enough energy to deploy the full 350kW each and every lap?

torga

Autocross Champion
I'd imagine the engineers will do some smart torque filling in the lower RPM range to reduce how noticeable lag is/isn't.

Nah, fuck em, bring back the 80s turbo lag. I'd love to see it.

Can they constantly recover enough energy to deploy the full 350kW each and every lap?
They can't even do that now with the "measly" 120kW they're allowed and an MGU-H helping out.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Nah, fuck em, bring back the 80s turbo lag. I'd love to see it.
Lol, let's see who has car control.

They can't even do that now with the "measly" 120kW they're allowed and an MGU-H helping out.
Right, hence my concern about them being noticeably slower. Fingers crossed that the hundreds of people lightyears smarter than I will sort that out in the next 4 years.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Not that it was a secret at this point, but Ric is officially out of Mclaren at the end of the season.

Finally the summer break is over...

Per usual, Merc track maps from last year and this year. Not sure if they are reflective of the changes made to the track since last year, or if those changes mean much regarding how long it takes to complete a lap.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I love Mercedes slower in every sector approach to 2022. 🤦‍♂️

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Not that it was a secret at this point, but Ric is officially out of Mclaren at the end of the season.

Finally the summer break is over...

Per usual, Merc track maps from last year and this year. Not sure if they are reflective of the changes made to the track since last year, or if those changes mean much regarding how long it takes to complete a lap.

wtf happened to turn 5?