GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
You owe it to yourself to watch the 24 hours of le mans
TiVo for the win! I watch it in about 3-hour increments. The best coverage is in the middle of the night, when the announcers are sleep-deprived and silly, and start reading tweets from all over the world.

torga

Autocross Champion
Latifi is officially out at Williams after this year. Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest.

torga

Autocross Champion
oh no! who is going to occupy position 20 now every race?

it's a sacrifice someone has to make 😢

I volunteer. Please, no one stop me. I have to shoulder this load on my own.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Do you think stroll ever walked over to latifi and whispered "you're just a shittier, poorer version of me" in his ear?

I imagine this happened before every race.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Hurricane took my power for most of the last 5 days. I did manage to catch the race, but if it wasn't for yellows and SC, it'd have been pretty boring. Alonso keeping Max behind for so long, only to have a power unit fail was pretty shit luck, but a very Nando like thing to happen.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Hurricane took my power for most of the last 5 days. I did manage to catch the race, but if it wasn't for yellows and SC, it'd have been pretty boring. Alonso keeping Max behind for so long, only to have a power unit fail was pretty shit luck, but a very Nando like thing to happen.
Max's start was already the kiss of death for hoping to win the title outright yesterday, the spin just made sure of it.

Behind the top 3 it was actually a pretty good race. Singapore in the wet is always a good formula for yellow flags/safety cars.

Also good to hear you're safe.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Max's start was already the kiss of death for hoping to win the title outright yesterday, the spin just made sure of it.

Behind the top 3 it was actually a pretty good race. Singapore in the wet is always a good formula for yellow flags/safety cars.

Also good to hear you're safe.
Fair point, the weather and lack of traction definitely made that side of things more interesting. Maybe I was just hoping for more action at the pointy end of the grid.

I didn't realize Max had such a bad start until the replay, he still managed to do pretty well all things considering. He should secure the WDC in Japan, assuming Leclerc doesn't convert yet another pole to a win.

Thanks, we were crazy lucky compared to those a couple hours south of us.

torga

Autocross Champion
Glad you're all good, magoo!

Pretty much agree with all your points, race was mostly a snorefest. Really bummed for Alonso, I think he was having a bunch of fun before his engine gave out. Like you said -- very nando thing to happen to him.

Leclerc's tires must've really, really fallen off there towards the end. All he had to do was keep a <5s gap to Pérez and he had the win. Hard to believe he couldn't do that when they were both on equally aged mediums. I guess the RBR chassis combined with Pérez's driving style is just kinder to tires.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Glad you're all good, magoo!

Pretty much agree with all your points, race was mostly a snorefest. Really bummed for Alonso, I think he was having a bunch of fun before his engine gave out. Like you said -- very nando thing to happen to him.

Leclerc's tires must've really, really fallen off there towards the end. All he had to do was keep a <5s gap to Pérez and he had the win. Hard to believe he couldn't do that when they were both on equally aged mediums. I guess the RBR chassis combined with Pérez's driving style is just kinder to tires.
Appreciate it.

Yeah, I mean Ferrari isn't exactly kind to its tires and Perez is known as a bit of a tire whisperer. Plus Perez drove a faultless race; multiple SC restarts, changing conditions, etc... Leclerc managed on multiple occasions to make minor mistakes that set him back after making progress to close the gap. Barring whatever budget drama thats happening in the background, RB deserves the WCC for this year.

TIL Suzuka has a 110R and 200R corner, not just 130R.

torga

Autocross Champion
What a fantastic map. I suppose 130R gets all the glory/infamy since it's the only one with such a huge straight before it. Surely the highest average apex speed between 110R and 200R.

I do remember seeing Leclerc sliding quite a bit trying to close to gap to Pérez -- he was on the ragged edge.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
What a fantastic map. I suppose 130R gets all the glory/infamy since it's the only one with such a huge straight before it. Surely the highest average apex speed between 110R and 200R.

I do remember seeing Leclerc sliding quite a bit trying to close to gap to Pérez -- he was on the ragged edge.
200R isn't anything special really, 110R is tough from the perspective of a right hand turn in 5-6 gear to an immediate braking zone/hairpin. I'm clearly calling on all of the prior F1 GP experience I have. /s

And a cool pic I came across.

torga

Autocross Champion
200R isn't anything special really, 110R is tough from the perspective of a right hand turn in 5-6 gear to an immediate braking zone/hairpin. I'm clearly calling on all of the prior F1 GP experience I have. /s

And a cool pic I came across.

I used to play Gran Turismo a ton and 110R leading into that hairpin was one of the more challenging sections of the track for me. Very tough to get right.