GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
We're getting closer to the launches and subsequently, testing. Haas being the first to show how the cars will look different compared to the 'next gen' model the FIA was showing off to everyone. I still expect this to look different come testing/beginning of the season.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh wow, they hadn't even announced a date -- they just dropped it all today, huh?

I can't tell if it looks simple because the regs are simpler, or if it looks simple because all they did was put a Haas livery on the FIA concept.

Excited for next week, with RBR, Aston and McLaren dropping theirs. Can't wait to see the new aero regs dressed in Papaya.

torga

Autocross Champion

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm curious to see what they take away from testing and how the cars evolve from actual track time when they show up in Bahrain. Launch cars are always 'generic', especially with such a big regulation change.

Hopefully the new cars allow closer racing like they are intended to do, but I have a feeling a team or two are going to get it right from the onset and take off with the championship.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm curious to see what they take away from testing and how the cars evolve from actual track time when they show up in Bahrain. Launch cars are always 'generic', especially with such a big regulation change.

Hopefully the new cars allow closer racing like they are intended to do, but I have a feeling a team or two are going to get it right from the onset and take off with the championship.

A tale as old as time.

I remember reading an article where Hulkenberg said he was skeptical about the closer racing claim after some time in the sim. We'll know for sure in a couple of months.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
They also said the new cars were to be around 5 sec a lap slower than current cars, but a few teams were reporting to have closed that gap to almost nil. Hard to distinguish between what's bs and what's true this early. I have a feeling those with a properly sorted package will be close to the last years pace.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Is this some sort of bleeding of (forum) dimensions?
I only know one g-magoo in Florida, and he has a MK6.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Is this some sort of bleeding of (forum) dimensions?
I only know one g-magoo in Florida, and he has a MK6.
Suuuuup dude! I assume it's due to being the members area? I found myself in the MK7 forums earlier today without realizing it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yup, OT is totally shared/melded across golfmkX

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Yeah looks like the sections goes through all the Golf MKX forums. Interesting.
never knew that until now.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone else find it funny that the American F1 team has the Russian flag for its front wing?

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
When daddy Maze-spin is paying the bills, you paint your car whatever colors he wants.