GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
The 2022 numbers for Baku are a lot tighter to '21 than they've been for some of the other tracks.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Agreed. I have a feeling next year we'll see cars much closer to 2021 speeds/times, if not faster at some tracks.

torga

Autocross Champion
Did the V6Ts start to match or break V8 lap records before they moved back to 2m width? I can't remember.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I don't think so. Using Spain as the constant, the 2013 pole position was a 1:20.7, 2016 (last of the narrow hybrids) was 1:22.0. Furthermore, the 2020 Merc did a 1:15.5 (damn) and this year was a 1:18.7. If we go back to 2007, pole was 1:21.4.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
FP1 times

And fastest sectors by team

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Interesting the Alpine is fastest in S3. I get that FP1 has no indication of true pace since they are mostly testing but still interesting.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I don't read too much into FP1. Focus is set-up work and (most) PUs are turned down.

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow, you can tell from the timesheet that everyone's turning up the juice a bit and Alpine still has the fastest third sector. Impressive. Alonso is right on the heels of RBR and Ferrari.

torga

Autocross Champion
UGH

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
That was rough to see for the prancing horses. All the retirements were their power unit related. Electrical/Hydraulic and two actual blown failures.

torga

Autocross Champion
Just barely tangentially related, but saw this sticker in a restroom yesterday.

PXL_20220612_231904583.MP.jpg