GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
F1 Fans 2014-2021: When will Mercedes empty the sandbags?

F1 Fans 2022: There go Ferrari, filling their piss jugs.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Been few years since we were in Canada, so no comparison from past years.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm happy we're back in Canada! Been watching old V10/V8 videos over the past week to get in the mood.

Here's a nice one. Love the little DRS juke between the two of em.

Edit: fuggin FOM... just head to YT and watch

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Well, at least that race was mildly interesting toward the end. I was surprised DRS didn't help Sainz more. Red Bull power was just too much. Looks like Mercedes is figuring a few things out.

torga

Autocross Champion
Another weekend of bad Ferrari pit calls. I'm convinced that if they had given given mediums to Sainz, he would've sailed past Verstappen at the SC restart and maintainted the lead. We already saw mediums last 30+ laps and he didn't even need 30 to stick it til the end.

But on the flip side, great job from Max keeping an absolutely relentless Sainz behind him. Sainz was attacking for 20 straight laps and just could not get past Max.

Excellent job from Leclerc with the damage limitation, at least one Ferrari driver didn't get totally screwed.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
The issue is having enough of a pace advantage and race craft to get past Max specifically.

torga

Autocross Champion
The issue is having enough of a pace advantage and race craft to get past Max specifically.

If he had a fresh set of softs at the restart after the race was neutralized by the SC and he was within a second of Max, pace advantage would not have been an issue at all. Max is an amazing driver, but with his hard tires there would be no way to defend against a Ferrari on softs already within DRS range. The issue would've been tire management, making sure that Max couldn't get past him in the final few laps while nursing a dying set of softs.[\ISPOILER]

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm not disagreeing on the tire choice being the pace factor, anything other than what he was placed on would have been a better choice to get around Max. But the ONLY way he was getting past Max, was on a faster compound.

Also, do we need spoiler filters? I'd assume (dangerous) anyone checking on the thread after a race weekend would expect to see us talking about what happened.

torga

Autocross Champion
I just go with the flow. If people chat before I get here and are using spoiler filters, I continue to do so. But I suppose you're right, you have to come here and read things on purpose. It's not like a news algorithm popping something to toe top of your feed and ruining a race result surprise.

Sainz did a very good job sticking to Max, but unfortunately was never close enough coming out of the hairpin leading into the main straight.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure I understand Max and Christian complaining about Lewis and Mercedes complaining about the bouncing. From what I saw this past race, Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes, and many others are still bouncing a lot. You would think this would be something that everyone would collectively want to find a solution to, regardless of their position in the standings..

torga

Autocross Champion
I think it has to do with having to raise ride height across the board? And I guess RBR feel that their performance will take a hit all because Mercedes can't figure out how to mitigate the porpoising as well as they did. Just a guess. I can see Horner having a narrow-minded thought like that.