GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Well now that I think about it, perhaps that 50% investment in RBT is to take over Torro Roso and then I'm fine. Just as long as no one expects me to root for Max.
I'm with you on the Max part, would make it very hard to root for Porsche/RBT at that point.

Maybe RB and Ferrari are trying to shake their B teams, and taking TR and Alfa would be an easy way to clear off the books for both teams and give Porsche and Audi their own platforms.
Even if Alfa goes way of Audi, they still have the B-Spec white Ferrari.

Bentley won Le Mans in 2003 (splitting hairs, sorry) and has raced cars in GT classes for years and Audi won Le Mans 13 times between 2000-2014. Audi has the pedigree to compete with the big dogs.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I admit that I didn’t realize they’d won that many times recently. Their road cars still don’t show any real improvements from it, but Renault could probably claim the same thing.

I’ve also always assumed that Audi and Bentley recent LeMans efforts were really just Porsches with a different badge. I could be wrong, but most/all of those victories came when Porsche wasn’t running a factory effort.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
See announces his retirement on Instagram :( Sad day for F1.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Not the news I wanted, genuinely sad this morning. He managed to turn from someone I couldn't stand, into one of my favorites on the grid. Sigh.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
LOL, the 2010-2013 RB/Vettel stint did me in. I was well over looking at this by the end of 2013...

That being said, as a human being, he very well could be my favorite on the grid. Incredibly relatable in my opinion.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Wait, aren't you a Lewis Hamilton fan though? :ROFLMAO:
But yes, I agree - seems relatable.
I always root for the drivers that are about my same age, or have some other arbitrary quality, such as car number, sponsors, where they live/are from, etc....
When I started getting into F1 in '09, that was when he was making the switch to Red Bull, and I was like, well, hes about my age and I like Red Bull (drink)...so that is going to be the guy I root for lol.
It was a great few years! But Ferrari broke him IMO. The icing on the cake, or rather, the nail in the coffin, was Germany 2018 I think.
From that point on he'd just lost "it". And it has never been the same.
Hope they don't do the same to Charles...

torga

Autocross Champion
Can't say I didn't see it coming, but sad day nonetheless. I have been enjoying his mentor relationship with Mick recently.

I enjoyed rooting for Seb in 2017 and 2018. Just yesterday I was showing my partner the highlights from 2017 Baku, with the supposed Hammy brake check and Vettel's bumper cars.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I'm glad Seb was able to be there for this season. I always liked him back when he was with Red Bull. I just feel a certain way about Ferrari (which is odd considering my favorite driver was always Kimi). I thought it was great these last couple seasons seeing Ferrari lose, but I didn't realize how much better it would be to watch Ferrari get so close...and then lose. I'm sure Seb is enjoying watching that this season.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Wait, aren't you a Lewis Hamilton fan though? :ROFLMAO:
But yes, I agree - seems relatable.
I always root for the drivers that are about my same age, or have some other arbitrary quality, such as car number, sponsors, where they live/are from, etc....
When I started getting into F1 in '09, that was when he was making the switch to Red Bull, and I was like, well, hes about my age and I like Red Bull (drink)...so that is going to be the guy I root for lol.
It was a great few years! But Ferrari broke him IMO. The icing on the cake, or rather, the nail in the coffin, was Germany 2018 I think.
From that point on he'd just lost "it". And it has never been the same.
Hope they don't do the same to Charles...
I do like Hamilton now, but I was also very over watching Merc go unchallenged for years. As the dominance continued, I actually grew to root for Merc due to the ability of their team to operate at such a high level, year after year. Quite admirable when you consider there were other teams spending hundreds of millions to beat them. Also, Hamilton may have been in the most dominant car for many years, but he also had to beat two really quick team mates that wanted to win the WDC too. Hell, the lengths Rosberg went through to just barely beat him in 2016 is crazy.

I personally like both Ham and Seb for what they've done off the track, using their status/notoriety in a positive manner. Maybe it's because we're all older, who knows.

Poor Vettel was a victim of Ferrari (for the most part), it's clear when you see what he'd say in interviews, press conferences, DTS. They're oppressive and haven't been the same since the MSC/Brawn/Todt era. Leclerc signed up for a bunch of years with them, so hopefully you're right.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Speaking of white Ferraris, those sidepods look real familiar.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
HAAS = sHamelessly Aping After Scuderia

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
GOATIFI with the FP3 P1 by 0.661 over Leclerc haha. Yes it was in heavy rain but it looks like the upgrades are kinda working for them this weekend.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Fair bit to unpack. Russell pole, double Merc podium, VER P10 to P1, no body beats Ferrari like Ferrari does, AM can't not sign champs from 10+ years ago, Alpine will finally get Piastri a seat now that Alonso is gone.

Now for a long month of no action.