GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
The commentator mentioned that De Vries had more laps in a points position during that one race than Latifi has had all season.

What's he still doing in F1?
Pretty staggering stat, but 110% believable. He's gone at the end of the season, Williams just needs to sort out who they are putting next to Albon. If they can get someone that can match him on race day, they could be the points far more often.... and they know it.

I thought the end of the race was rather comical when you consider what happened at the end of last season. "Hmmmm.... I feel like I've seen this before, but I can't quite place my finger on it."

Sainz was an animal, Ham/his strat worked great (P19 to P5, that double overtake out of T2), Mick showed that he's probably the one that should have the contract at Haas, not KMag (I'll die on this hill).

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
1B6E1DC8-5099-4381-B3A9-808349FC743A.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
2023 calendar is out

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...calendar-for-2023.7oNRaq4kZ2bwTAmL7r6dqg.html

Date Grand Prix Venue
March 5BahrainSakhir
March 19Saudi ArabiaJeddah
April 2AustraliaMelbourne
April 16ChinaShanghai
April 30AzerbaijanBaku
May 7MiamiMiami
May 21Emilia RomagnaImola
May 28MonacoMonaco
June 4SpainBarcelona
June 18CanadaMontreal
July 2AustriaSpielberg
July 9United KingdomSilverstone
July 23HungaryBudapest
July 30BelgiumSpa
August 27NetherlandsZandvoort
September 3ItalyMonza
September 17SingaporeSingapore
September 24JapanSuzuka
October 8QatarLosail
October 22USAAustin
October 29MexicoMexico City
November 5BrazilSao Paulo
November 18Las VegasLas Vegas*
November 26Abu DhabiYas Marina

torga

Autocross Champion
24 races?? Yiiiikes. Went through and counted, that's 5 double headers and 2 triple headers.

Three penalty-free power units per season really seems like not enough these days.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Love F1and am all for more races, but damn that's a lot of time to commit to watching races. will certainly watch quali and races, but will have to trim practices. maybe fast forward through a couple Q1 and Q2 sessions as well.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
The biggest change other than the 24 races is the fact that Spa is now before the summer break instead of the first race back!

torga

Autocross Champion
Love F1and am all for more races, but damn that's a lot of time to commit to watching races. will certainly watch quali and races, but will have to trim practices. maybe fast forward through a couple Q1 and Q2 sessions as well.

I already don't watch FP sessions, tbh. I only ever catch the FP highlights the F1 youtube channel throws up. I only watch quali and race sessions.

Three-ish hours of commitment typically every other week ain't too bad for me, especially since my wife is also into it. Very thankful I don't have to find "alone time" to watch F1.
I also am not into any other sports, so this is really it for me. Though, thinking of starting to watch Moto GP.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
I already don't watch FP sessions, tbh. I only ever catch the FP highlights the F1 youtube channel throws up. I only watch quali and race sessions.

Three-ish hours of commitment typically every other week ain't too bad for me, especially since my wife is also into it. Very thankful I don't have to find "alone time" to watch F1.
I also am not into any other sports, so this is really it for me. Though, thinking of starting to watch Moto GP.
As an avid MotoGP fan for most of my life, I highly recommend it. Lots of phenomenal racing and there has been great competition in recent years.

I think 24 races will be pushing it for F1, and they will find this out after next year. The only question is which tracks will be trimmed? I hope its not Spa...

torga

Autocross Champion
As an avid MotoGP fan for most of my life, I highly recommend it. Lots of phenomenal racing and there has been great competition in recent years.

I think 24 races will be pushing it for F1, and they will find this out after next year. The only question is which tracks will be trimmed? I hope its not Spa...

I started reading a manga about motorcycle racing that got me interested. The overall story is kinda bland/formulaic. But the on-track action is phenomenal -- lots of detail and you can tell the author really loves racing. During the on-track chapters, it feels like the bike version of Initial D.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

You owe it to yourself to watch the 24 hours of le mans

torga

Autocross Champion
You owe it to yourself to watch the 24 hours of le mans

I do-ish.

Best I've been able to do is watch the last couple hours and then catch the race highlights after the fact. I'll never be able to sit down and watch that much of a race. I know myself.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I do-ish.

Best I've been able to do is watch the last couple hours and then catch the race highlights after the fact. I'll never be able to sit down and watch that much of a race. I know myself.
Well...yea. It is after all a whole 24 hours.

I like to leave it on in the background on the day of the race while I'm doing other things. I almost never catch the start (I did once back in the Audi TDI domination days) but I like watching some of the night racing and the morning after (end of the race). That's when all the exciting stuff happens.