GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 USA Spec Golf GTI/R Order Guide

bentin

Autocross Champion
Thanks for that. Nice to see Reflex Silver back. Also nice to see the SE available with plaid again.

As expected, the R interior is bland as all hell. I guess it was too much to hope for the cloth seats to be optional.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hah, notice how the 6MT R is rated for 15 lb-ft less than the DSG model. VW knows their 6MT clutches are weak.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Hah, notice how the 6MT R is rated for 15 lb-ft less than the DSG model. VW knows their 6MT clutches are weak.
Wasn't there an earlier article that said both of our cars (manual and DSG) would have less power because our gas sucks? I still feel like we should get more power if we don't have the OPF.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
WTH do you need a subscription for Homelink? I have to pay to open my garage door?
What are Poor Weather Lights?
How long will it drive itself, and does Emergency Travel Assist drive your car onto a side street or road shoulder?

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Why does the R only have 3 colors listed or did I miss something?
That's all we get. Oddly, it's also the only way to get Pure White. They're doing odd things with colors this year. Next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Mk4 R32, so there will likely be some new colors available for that. Be great if they brought back red.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
I haven't seen any new MK8s here in Southern California. Are people just not buying or buying it and having it shipped out if state. Maybe I'm just not out on the road enough to see them.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I haven't seen any new MK8s here in Southern California. Are people just not buying or buying it and having it shipped out if state. Maybe I'm just not out on the road enough to see them.
The R is on hold at port until February. The GTI is out, I've only seen a couple though. I think dealers are trying markups and consumers are giving them the bird. Go ahead and die already, shitty dealer network...

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
The R is on hold at port until February. The GTI is out, I've only seen a couple though. I think dealers are trying markups and consumers are giving them the bird. Go ahead and die already, shitty dealer network...
Ah I c. The dealer right next to me here has a pomelo yellow Autobahn MT listed 6 days ago for $40,099. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Thundertub

That's all we get. Oddly, it's also the only way to get Pure White. They're doing odd things with colors this year. Next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Mk4 R32, so there will likely be some new colors available for that. Be great if they brought back red.
I hope they offer the Volkswagen Spektrum program again for the R. Perhaps next year. Also, three colors now because all of the trim accent pieces inside and out are blue. Only so many colors work with that. Bit that would also include Silver. So, I am thinking they just want to keep it simple. In the USA you get three colors and two transmissions. I am on the list for a Pure White with DSG.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I hope they offer the Volkswagen Spektrum program again for the R. Perhaps next year. Also, three colors now because all of the trim accent pieces inside and out are blue. Only so many colors work with that. Bit that would also include Silver. So, I am thinking they just want to keep it simple. In the USA you get three colors and two transmissions. I am on the list for a Pure White with DSG.
You can get all sorts of GTI colors that don’t go with the weird grey and red leather seats. The blue accents on the R are pretty subtle in comparison. I’ve got a Lapiz Blue manual on order, but would gladly change to Reflex Silver if it were available.