GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Can't access your videos on discord unfortunately (not sure why). You've done everything I would've done in terms of nozzle, bowden tube, and all metal extruder. There's another thing you can try as this happened to me as well.

I too had cleaned out the the hot end but I was still running into some bad printing with the occasional clicking. I decided to take the hot end apart again and take a really good look at the heat break. I noticed some tiny black specs in there that I hadn't noticed before. I had been printing in black ABS before switching back to PLA. I decided to soak the heat break in acetone and sure enough, all those black specs came off. Those black specs were preventing the filament from flowing smoothly.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that your hot end isn't getting as hot as the thermistor is indicating. Do you have an external way of checking the temp?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Can't access your videos on discord unfortunately (not sure why). You've done everything I would've done in terms of nozzle, bowden tube, and all metal extruder. There's another thing you can try as this happened to me as well.

I too had cleaned out the the hot end but I was still running into some bad printing with the occasional clicking. I decided to take the hot end apart again and take a really good look at the heat break. I noticed some tiny black specs in there that I hadn't noticed before. I had been printing in black ABS before switching back to PLA. I decided to soak the heat break in acetone and sure enough, all those black specs came off. Those black specs were preventing the filament from flowing smoothly.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that your hot end isn't getting as hot as the thermistor is indicating. Do you have an external way of checking the temp?
I don't but I can order an infrared thermometer to check.

I haven't dissembled my hot end yet to check the heat break. That's not a bad idea my issue might be coming from there as well.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Did this issue happen out of the blue or did you change something on the printer?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Did this issue happen out of the blue or did you change something on the printer?
The issue started out of the blue. I distinctly remember doing a print and I heard some random clicks from the other room, but when I went to check on the print everything looked fine. I went out later that night and when I got back home I returned to a massive filament jam. I was printing in a creality branded PETG roll that I've used before for plenty of other projects as well.

All the changes I've made to printer have been in an attempt to fix the problem. I've tried 3 separate rolls as well, two PETG and a PLA.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Are all the stepper motors the same part number? Maybe swap it with another stepper motor to rule that out. They are not expensive but would save the wait time.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Couple of things I've learned over the last week that I'll share with the group.

If you have an ender 3 v2 neo (like I do) it barely shares parts with other ender 3's on the business end. In fact the hot end is more like the CR-6 SE than it is like any other ender 3. This mean the "spider" all metal hotends/micro swiss hotend for the ender 3/ender 3 v2 will NOT fit your v2 neo.

This isn't all bad news however since it is so closely related to the cr-6 you just need to change the heatbreak and you can make your stock hot end an all-metal hot end. This is the only part that needs replacing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BB99MC7/ref=sw_img_1?smid=AJUKUXZVPYM6H&psc=1

Here's a how-to video.

I just placed an amazon order. For less than $20 I'll have an all-metal hotend and wouldn't have to print adapters and other things to make creatily's own $70 all-metal hot end work with their own product.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Will that fix the clickety-click?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I've been wondering what the primary differences were between the Ender 3 V2 and the Neo.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Good info. I've been contemplating going with an all metal heat break but I've read that it can cause issues with PLA, which is what I primarily print with. I'm still trying to read more about it though.

Hopefully those parts will alleviate your printing issues.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
If you guys don't have one I'd recommend a 3d filament dryer. It will eventually absorb moisture (and its humid in Hawaii). May/may not solve clickity click issues.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
If you guys don't have one I'd recommend a 3d filament dryer. It will eventually absorb moisture (and its humid in Hawaii). May/may not solve clickity click issues.
I've got that exact dryer lol.

It's not going to solve the clickity clack issue, but I did solve my unruly PETG stringing problem.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I don’t have a dryer yet but need to get one before it starts getting hot. I want to get a Eibos one due to its internal fan to get the moisture out of the box.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Got a new bench/table for the printers. Have it set up so I have an area I can remove supports without getting filament everywhere. Hung a light I had lying around but would like to hard wire it into the switched lights. Need to get more racks for filament up. I only have my PLA out and keep ASA, PETG and TPU in the bag they are shipped in with desiccant packets.

6B457B52-0B26-4C2D-BE91-38C8116EE419.jpeg