GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wow that is a great price! For $300 I’d probably take the chance. I have watched a few videos on scanners and they all do pretty good job. Some are better at details and others at larger objects.

Polycam is an app that allows you to scan stuff. I just remembered I downloaded it. Only your first few scans are free but you can try it out to see how you like 3D scanning. My laptop can’t handle too heavy of a program so until I upgrade I’ll probably hold off on buying a dedicated scanner.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Wow that is a great price! For $300 I’d probably take the chance. I have watched a few videos on scanners and they all do pretty good job. Some are better at details and others at larger objects.

Polycam is an app that allows you to scan stuff. I just remembered I downloaded it. Only your first few scans are free but you can try it out to see how you like 3D scanning. My laptop can’t handle too heavy of a program so until I upgrade I’ll probably hold off on buying a dedicated scanner.
I was reading a while back about using the xbox 1 kinect camera as a super high resolution scanner. I have one of those just sitting around not doing anything. I was going to try that once I find the time to fiddlefuck around with it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Can something like this be made for less than $13?
SmartSelect_20230405_194729_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Can something like this be made for less than $13?
View attachment 277722

Yes.

This free model available on Thingiverse would be well under $1 to make out of PLA or ABS.

F93F25C1-665F-4CBC-A8B3-B9DBE9CED03D.jpeg

If you didn’t want a peg board one then you could modify the file to add holes for wall mounting.

Or go full send and custom design your own mount to fit in a specific space.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yes.

This free model available on Thingiverse would be well under $1 to make out of PLA or ABS.

View attachment 277724

If you didn’t want a peg board one then you could modify the file to add holes for wall mounting.

Or go full send and custom design your own mount to fit in a specific space.
I've got $3 PayPal with your name on it

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Found a better model. More money but much more solid looking.

A9C8217D-B3A4-4F97-AE95-6A9C115EE0AF.png

9C15F02B-58C2-48E2-B204-8FB19B5518B5.png

This one is more like $4 PayPal

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You can print in stealth mode?

Does it not alert nearby guards?

Guards. Wives. Girlfriends. Whoever you don’t want to disturb.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Amazon ordered it. Didn't want to drive to ace hardware to save 5 bucks. Meh, this was the first practical use of a 3d printer I could think of.

Better spend $250 on one along with $250 on supplies to save yourself $13 in the future...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Better spend $250 on one along with $250 on supplies to save yourself $13 in the future...

Exactly, you get it.

But really they become 2-3x more useful when you can design your own stuff.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Inspired by Jay I started this before going to bed last night. Now I just need to find my blue wrench (aka propane tank) so I can mount it.

1D5C7148-64BC-477C-BA64-1F77DE929D47.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
When you 3D print something just to flex on someone...