GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

DSC808

Autocross Champion
I bought a CR10S-Pro a couple years ago and upgrade a bunch of parts (extruder, fan, BL touch sensor, anti-backlash springs etc...) and after a while sh!t started breaking and I had no idea what was bad. Replaced the motherboard, the smaller board (dont remember what its called) and every 4 months something would go wrong with a print and I'd go down the rabbit hole of replacing parts. I literally have like 4 different AliE hot ends (they don't work correctly on 120V. I figured that out after the 4th one I bought....) so I finally said f*** it and bought a Ender 3 S1 Pro with everything I wanted (heated bed, BL touch built in, direct drive extruder).

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Damn that sucks but that was awesome of Micro Swiss to hook you up with a new one. I always liked there design.

The fan that blows on the hot end is the part cooling fan which typically runs 100% speed when printing PLA but shouldn’t be on when not printing. Would be a good time to upgrade it to a 1550 fan.

I have been printing a lot of brackets to help get the room setup better. Have another table I need to setup and figure out where to put all this stuff.

View attachment 279879
I've been wanting an all metal hot end for a while to get away from all the bowden tube related issues, I would have ordered from micro swiss earlier but they didn't seem to have one available for my printer until fairly recently. Technically the one I got from them is the one for the CR-10S Pro but micro swiss says it works on the ender 3 v2 neo as well.

Guess I'll find out.

The good news is if someone wants to buy a v2 neo I'll be able to give good advice on how to repair it...............eventually.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
I'll join you in replacing parts. My power supply gave out half way into a 4hr print. Luckily it didn't fry my SKR mini. I'm contemplating picking up an upgraded heated bed and a glass plate.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Well after not being able to log into Onshape to do some CAD stuff I have finally accepted defeat and bought a newer computer. Onshape is browser based but something must have updated and now it won’t load. I tried it the GF’s computer and it worked fine. My MacBook is maxed out on updates but it’s from 2011 so definitely due. I have been using older versions of Prusa Slicer and Cura and don’t have many of the newer features like tree supports. I have not been able to use Printables due to Safari being old, so that will be awesome to have access to that.

Went with another Mac and bought a used Mac Mini M1 and open box 28” monitor. Only 8GB Ram and 256GB HD but I have external HD that I will use. This will hold me over for at least a year or 2 then I will move it to the “family” computer since we don’t have one and get myself an M2 Mac with at least 16GB ram and more HD space. I started jumping down the rabbit hole of specs 😵‍💫 and then was like I have been doing okay with what I have I just need a newer OS. I do use the computer for RAW photo editing so we will see how the new M1 chip handles it.

My most recent prints:

Brackets for filament.
5E234265-0778-4377-8334-43DF68940619.jpeg

Cat feeder so he doesn’t bug me as much.

354CB307-8A42-41F7-A6DD-4129375500A6.jpeg

Shelf brackets
471C5D33-7083-4FA4-A0C2-AA2BA34906D7.jpeg

Shower head. Temporary solution until we get a new one.

960126DE-8F59-4CD6-944A-B69C5384F552.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I want to have my fog lights scanned, then use CAD to take the basic shape and create a brake duct inlet.

Any printers big enough to print something like that?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
But is it food safe....? :LOL:

Cool idea on the shower head. How's it holding up so far?

Ehh, I’m going to order some resin so I can seal it. People recommend doing that even with “food safe” filament.

Thanks. So far so good. Only used it a few times. It’s only PLA which is typically good up to 60C so it might get soft and warp with really hot showers. I’ll reprint in PETG if need be. I wasn’t convinced it would work that well but I’m very impressed.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I want to have my fog lights scanned, then use CAD to take the basic shape and create a brake duct inlet.

Any printers big enough to print something like that?

Best bang for buck large printer IMO is the Elegoo Neptune Max. 420x420x500 for like $470. Designing it in smaller pieces and securing with screws or glue is sometimes a better route.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Computer and accessories arrived. Feels good to be modern again. Also computer was advertised as having 256GB of memory but it actually has 500 so extra win. No hiccups running CAD, Prusaslicer or Affinity Photo. Nice and smooth. Audio quality is trash so ordered a refurbished HomePod to use as a speaker. I won’t need much for audio but it will double as a smart speaker. All in I”ll be under $700 for a nice desktop setup.

27992BEB-F6B3-456F-AD03-51B4B0D0BEE4.jpeg

Made custom brackets to mount the mini under the desk. Took up too much room when it was on the top.

C1A9DBAB-AA89-4A85-A037-51E1788518CF.jpeg

I’ll probably make another mount to hold my G-Drive.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Some of my recent projects.

VESA Mount for my HomePod.

VESA Mount.jpeg

VESA Mount 2.jpeg

Magnetic cup holder for my lawn mower. I'm going to refine the design and maybe list it on my Etsy store. Also this is made in PLA I'm going to try and print it in ASA.

Magnet.jpeg

Cup Holder.jpeg

Drain cover for work. The large hole in the middle is for a sink basin that goes over the drain. Made with ABS.

Drain Cover.jpeg

The baby started crawling around and opening cabinets so I found a file on Printables that worked for our cabinets.

069E5E69-7582-4B64-B88A-BB5F1A16E2C4.jpeg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
After Daks mentioned that the IE intake makes more noise because of its velocity stack I decided to make one for my APR PEX.
After hour of research and multiple thoughts I decided on this design. The inlet (100mm/4 inch) of the APR tapers and bends 90 degrees so I printed this @ 97mm and figured it wouldn't get sucked in. Even if it did it's only plastic and the blades could probably chop it up.
While it may seem like a restriction it actually forces the turbo to work harder making the turbo-to-lag ratio greater, giving the feeling of more power.
IMG_9718.jpeg
IMG_9719.jpeg

Makes absolutely no difference in sound. Will try one without the penis missle in the middle.

DSC808

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Did you print this in PLA or something else? Also are you worried about under hood temps?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Did you print this in PLA or something else? Also are you worried about under hood temps?
PLA+. Should really print it in ABS for the temperature resistance. But I haven't really printed in ABS. As long as there's airflow going thru I don't think temps would be a factor... ... .

DSC808

Autocross Champion
I call this the Dakks stack
Dakks.png