GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I made a few things besides toys for the kids.

Phone stand for my mom.

B8563132-4DE8-4775-A36E-76B28C58F634.jpeg

Drain plug for the shop vac at work. It’s threaded but Idk what the thread is and thought a stopper style one might work. It’s TPU so it will seal better.

2E4C6CAB-E265-47C4-A07F-2AF09B609B7B.jpeg

Waiting on a phone holder to hang above the sink while I’m doing dishes.

16A45160-F866-4567-89BC-64765071D365.jpeg

Ohh and Shrek ear Jibets for the Gf’s Crocs

915BE3BA-C7E5-4BB3-A6E8-F32DBB5CC72C.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Damn that’s Stage 3 for sure!!

PETG for the socket?

Esun pla+ 65* bed, 212* nozzle, 75% cooling fan, 100% infill. Basically going as a test of my layer adhesion.

The socket only needs 220in/lb of torque, so we will see. My initial thought was to print a reducer from one of my massive sockets down to the zero chamfer 26mm I need. 3hrs on the printer and maybe $1 in filament, figured why not.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I just got my printer running again this week. I thought I had cleared the jam and realized I didn't when I tried another test print.

I found a good version of clearing a jam on a non-all metal hotend. Get everything hot, take off the nozzle and the fitting that holds the bowden in place, jam an old bowden straight through your hot end and out the bottom. There was a whole collection of crap still stuck in there. Obviously this doesn't work if you have an all metal hot end, but you are also less likely to run into these problems.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Jay745: I don't get this shit, all you guys do is print useless shit.

Everyone in this thread: Nuh-uh, you can print super useful stuff! Anyway, here's some Shrek ear charms for some Crocs!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I actually want to get a printer to play around with and print useless shit. I tried to buy a used Ender 3 V2 Neo off Craigslist a week or two ago, but the guy never got back to me. Keeping my eyes open for a good, lightly used unit.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Everyone in this thread: Nuh-uh, you can print super useful stuff! Anyway, here's some Shrek ear charms for some Crocs!

I actually want to get a printer to play around with and print useless shit. I tried to buy a used Ender 3 V2 Neo off Craigslist a week or two ago, but the guy never got back to me. Keeping my eyes open for a good, lightly used unit.
Hey I'm not knocking, I just don't get it. Someone said all this stuff looks like the junk you'd buy at the checkout of a dollar store and I agree. I've wasted plenty of money and time on dumb shit too though so who am I to judge

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Well if you skip over the useful stuff yeah it’s all shrek Jibets and glue stick holders.

You can print at higher detail to make it look nicer it just takes longer. A used Ender would be good for a 1st printer.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Meanwhile I’m printing tools. 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
How good will a PLA T25 hold up?

Probably not well. I had good luck with a PLA tool for the rear shock on my bike because such low torque values and long flat sections. I feel the splines on a torx would round right off.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Question. Does any one run the BTT smart filament sensor? If so, did you find that you needed to re-calibrate your e-steps or your stepper motors?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Was looking at this filament that I got when I bought the MK3 and googled the company that was on the spool. Turns out they make filament right here in Delaware!!! It’s good filament, so if anyone wants true USA made filament check them out. $22 for a roll of PETG is not bad. $20-$21 for PLA with free ship over $50.

https://www.printedsolid.com/

GolNat

Autocross Champion
#onlyusefulstuff

Hooks for stuff
B829CEAD-0949-4CB8-87C1-6E1F0509B246.jpeg

Hooks for little stuff
DC3FD7A3-D229-4187-BC46-12CF7B855C40.jpeg

Play-doh toy broke. Made new piece.
0638495E-AE0F-4951-ADC3-8D2CC831A42E.jpeg

79810981-CB0D-4D69-B5E2-DCBAB20AED52.jpeg

Piece 1 of 4 for a shoe rack. Need to get lumber to finish it.

3F1E25C5-5BF8-4BEF-BD7B-FBE66CCAD412.jpeg

Mailbox numbers. First time printing with ASA. Went smooth.
39F4439C-BE93-4409-83FB-3DBA068CAC9E.jpeg

New clips that got bent for a panel that covers my breaker box.
C106BDB8-8C15-4739-BBFF-99E81B9E526C.jpeg

Small bin and SD card/USB holder.
18141AB2-E8B1-4426-970A-A231BAABC1BA.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
How bad were the fumes from the ASA? I’ve been looking at making some things with it but it’s too cold to open up the windows.