GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6spd and JB4

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone running JB4 with a manual...looking to see how the clutch is holding up with this....i know the mk7 wasnt great with adding decent power so im wondering how everyone is holding up with the mk8 and the clutch

Silverstoned

I don't think the JB4 gives you enough to worry about the clutch. The new flash tunes that are starting to surface will likely have a lower torque tune option for those of us on a stock clutch. Even with the full torque tune, it will depend on your driving style and habits. Some guys with stage 1 or 2 on a mk7.5 had no issues with their clutch, others roasted them in a few weeks.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
my mk7 roasted the clutch on uni stage 1+ so im trying to gauge whether the clutch on the mk8 will be better with added power or not

Zeke973

I've had zero clutch issues. The JB4 definitely gives the car a decent power upgrade. I absolutely notice when I have unplugged it. I am looking forward to a new flash tune, but in the meantime, the JB4 is a worthwhile investment.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had zero clutch issues. The JB4 definitely gives the car a decent power upgrade. I absolutely notice when I have unplugged it. I am looking forward to a new flash tune, but in the meantime, the JB4 is a worthwhile investment.
What map do you use?

I think if you keep the torque below 280

Last edited: