GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9 second RS3

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Newbie
Came across this video and found it interesting, pretty nice looking RS3 as well.
What kills me is that he downgraded his brakes for weight reduction purposes. :confused:

It's a long video, almost 20 minutes, so if you want to just see the 9 second pass it's at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3y3so8jqRU

Hoon

Autocross Newbie
What kills me is that he downgraded his brakes for weight reduction purposes. :confused:
His goal is to go fast in a straight line. If you're serious about that, small brakes are a necessity.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
That's why I didn't get the Performance Package. Yeah...uh.....it's superior for roll racing.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Newbie
I don't care how much they save, to me brakes are one of the most important upgrades you should do when your car is making a shit ton of power.

riceburner

Drag Race Newbie
plenty of cooldown space fter the race. Lots of rotating mass reduced. Who gives a crap 9 seconds is awesome. Also been watching that channel lately, so much 5cyl greatness happening in the audi world!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I agree. This isn't a track-only car, he's driving it on the street. A stock R braked from 60 in only 90 feet when tested. What will his RS3 do it in?