GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C controls freeze

keithoc

Hi. I've recently purchased a new Gold MK8 Style (MHEV) and I've noticed the a/c controls freezing (can't change any setting on screen). Other controls working fine. It's OK after car restarts but happened 3 times now in a week. Very annoying as there are no physical buttons. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me and something faulty?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi what is the build week of the car or the sw version on the infotainment?
I have seen this happen with other Golf 8 owners as well…

Attachments

• 336D30D1-755E-4A70-BFEA-DC5DBEA33659.jpeg
    336D30D1-755E-4A70-BFEA-DC5DBEA33659.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 216
  • 446C274C-A04D-4F18-A2CE-8BCB3FBC9308.jpeg
    446C274C-A04D-4F18-A2CE-8BCB3FBC9308.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 214
  • F73855C1-1335-4C06-BE72-CC1F024F05A2.jpeg
    F73855C1-1335-4C06-BE72-CC1F024F05A2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 269

keithoc

Thanks for the reply! Both attached!
EBB68700-CD54-4CE2-9FA9-EB3C86CCD9A1.jpeg

Attachments

• D4FE259E-FEDF-43A0-AB3B-E832913C5757.jpg
    D4FE259E-FEDF-43A0-AB3B-E832913C5757.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 169

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Well what can i say , you have the upgraded Golf 8 from week build 48 up… and still have these problems…
I heard that the infotainment sw will be getting an upgrade for both units soon:
The 16xx will get the 1670
The 1778 will get 1803..
These are only upgradable at VW..

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
The same thing happened with ours as we picked it up from the dealer,We were just about to pull off when the Missus said it's hot and tried to turn the heat down and we too had no function on the sliders or the climate screen,So before even driving an inch we had to get the salesman back,He had a try and so did his mate they then took it back into the workshop,Gave us a coffee,said something about reinstalling the software a mechanic drove it round the block and said it was sorted,It's been fine so far since.

Sniffer

I experienced exactly the same problem on my GTI a few days ago. I tried to adjust the ac temperature settings and absolutely nothing would change. I even tried doing a soft reset on the Infotainment system but that didn't help at all, so I switched off the ignition, left the car for a couple of minutes and, when I restarted it, everything seemed fine.

I immediately emailed my local VW dealer's and told them and they suggested that I bring the car in today for a diagnostic check, while I waited. After about 15 mins, the Service Manager came over and told me that the car needed a software update and, if I was happy to hang on for another hour, they would do it there and then. So, I drove in today with software version 1788 and I now have the brand, spanking new 1803 version. That's great service!

Let's hope it does the trick!

keithoc

That’s great. Thanks. Would be very keen to know if works for you! I’ll be bringing mine back for the same update if it does.

Dougy

I’ve had the same problems. Turned the AC down to 18c, couldn’t turn it back up without switching ignition off. If I went into the Clima menu, the only icons were power and one other. The power wouldn’t work!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve had the same problems. Turned the AC down to 18c, couldn’t turn it back up without switching ignition off. If I went into the Clima menu, the only icons were power and one other. The power wouldn’t work!
Happened to me too. Started driving and wanted to turn on the aircon but the climate menu' would not work, it was frozen and it showed a different visual than what I normally have. Locked the car for 10 minutes, started it again and it was working again. The day after, the driving profile menu would not show when pressing the button. Again locked for 10 minutes and all working. These are all software bugs and I am on 1668, so I have the latest software so far.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Mine got stuck today on the way home from work,I had it on lo as the car had been in the sun tried to turn it up a bit and nothing just the coloured bar,Tried the climate button and got the message "this is only availlable with the ignition switched on" considering i was driving down the road i'm pretty sure it was on! Tried voice control and got the reply "sorry this is not available at the moment".I ended up freezing until i stopped for fuel.