GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A3 Opinions

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, I'm throwing this in the off-topic section even though it relates to the 6th gen platform because it's in relation to Audi's A3 model.

Has/does anyone own an A3 2.0t tfsi? I'm looking into them. I'm not fully aware with the actual A3's themselves. I guess i'm familiar with the engine though? I'm assuming it's pretty much identical as the MK5/6 GTI's TSI's, however I can't seem to fully confirm that because I haven't done my research very well.

Anything I should get an idea for other then the body assuming the engine is the same as the TSI's? I'm very familiar with the engine if that was the case, but the body and overall other stuff, I don't have much knowledge.

Baka

Ready to race!
I had a A3 8P 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback.
3.jpg

It's pretty much just a posh Golf with rock hard suspension and lighter steering. Same engine and platform as the MK5/6.

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a A3 8P 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback.
View attachment 171826

It's pretty much just a posh Golf with rock hard suspension and lighter steering. Same engine and platform as the MK5/6.

That's great! I'm considering getting one and they seem like an ideal option. I'd like something for a winter daily, and this could be very well be a possible choice for me.

Baka

Ready to race!
It was certainly a nice place to be and fun to drive. The facelift was similar to the mk5 to mk6 in the Golf. Getting the EA888 and some nicer interior details.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
That's great! I'm considering getting one and they seem like an ideal option. I'd like something for a winter daily, and this could be very well be a possible choice for me.

They are dumping the buyback TDI cars on the market, great value, would make a great daily and they get about 40mpg. Can get one with under 50K miles for well under 15K. The A3 is same platform as golf with nicer interiors.

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
They are dumping the buyback TDI cars on the market, great value, would make a great daily and they get about 40mpg. Can get one with under 50K miles for well under 15K. The A3 is same platform as golf with nicer interiors.

Oh I didn't know that! I definitely get where you're coming from on the TDI platform. I don't know much about the newer TDI engines, I'm more in the know about the 1.9 TDI and their great platforms, but the 4th generation bodies weren't the best especially surviving winter.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Oh I didn't know that! I definitely get where you're coming from on the TDI platform. I don't know much about the newer TDI engines, I'm more in the know about the 1.9 TDI and their great platforms, but the 4th generation bodies weren't the best especially surviving winter.
There are plenty of them on the market in Southern California where it is warm and dry all year. I got a quote to ship a VW from Alabama to California for 750 so the transport guys are all looking to fill their trucks. I had 2 friends that had the newer TDI cars and loved them. I have a 3.0TDI A8L and it is fantastic. Chip either motor and they really wake up. Unless that you are concerned that they just won't hold up to weather in your area