GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acc,Front assist and start-stop problem

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Went to Halfords to pick up a new battery. Showed the lady at the counter a £150 start stop AGM battery(the current battery in the car is an AGM) and she went and gave me and EFB battery but I didn’t realise until now! Can this Still be used in replace of the old AGM and which is better
You can't replace an AGM battery with an EFB - return it!

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
I don't see why not; a battery is a battery! :)
I’ve ordered the new battery and nearly had a catastrophe at Halfords. He said that he had to check if the battery failed else he couldn’t return it and I just thought to myself great 120 down the drain but then I explained to him it was the wrong one and thankfully got the refund

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I’ve ordered the new battery and nearly had a catastrophe at Halfords. He said that he had to check if the battery failed else he couldn’t return it and I just thought to myself great 120 down the drain but then I explained to him it was the wrong one and thankfully got the refund
Good to hear! When's the new one due to arrive?

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
Good to hear! When's the new one due to arrive?
Got the new battery! Should be fitted today or tomorrow. Also could you help with a problem I’m having with the radar. The code reads U023500-Lost Communication with cruise control front distance range sensor
Thanks

Attachments

• BD2B61E9-8933-4152-8D46-1E490A3DE2BD.jpeg
    BD2B61E9-8933-4152-8D46-1E490A3DE2BD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 842

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Got the new battery! Should be fitted today or tomorrow. Also could you help with a problem I’m having with the radar. The code reads U023500-Lost Communication with cruise control front distance range sensor
Thanks
Yes, that's because it communicates over the CANBUS via the CAN Gateway... which is suffering from voltage drops..

Once the battery is installed you should be able to clear all codes and go for a drive. Everything should then be good.

isacheema

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GT 2.0 DSG MK7
My local Halfrauds can't as they do not code batteries there and have to send them to VW at extra cost. With OBDEleven or VCDS it is only a 5 minute job to code it.
I’ve just come off the phone with them and they don’t fit and code batteries unless purchased from them! What a scam. Looks like I’ll have to go to an independent garage