GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice! Now the next question is will it be a fun, 2dr coupe? Or just a reworked 4dr Civic Si with new body panels?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Nice! Now the next question is will it be a fun, 2dr coupe? Or just a reworked 4dr Civic Si with new body panels?
Oh, that's mentioned in the article. 4 door hatchback is the only confirmed body style. Sort of a mixed bag then. SI wasn't available in the 4 door hatchback previously, only the sport model and the type R. I'm waiting on engine details. I'm hoping it's more like a type R for adults, but worried it will be a civic SI with fancy headlights.

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh, that's mentioned in the article. 4 door hatchback is the only confirmed body style. Sort of a mixed bag then. SI wasn't available in the 4 door hatchback previously, only the sport model and the type R. I'm waiting on engine details. I'm hoping it's more like a type R for adults, but worried it will be a civic SI with fancy headlights.
The new Civic Type R sorta looks a lot more refined. Maybe not quite Type R for adults, but definitely not Type R designed by a 13yo.

2023 Honda Civic Type R teased, and here's what we can make out (autoblog.com)

2023 Honda Civic Type R interior caught in spy photos (autoblog.com)

GolNat

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I was foolishly hoping it would look more like the fan art:

Fan renders of cars only exist to hurt me right in the soul :cry:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Looks like the Kia Stinger or what ever it’s called.

Last edited:

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
It looks heavily based in the new civic hatch chassis which sadly looks like a baby Camry/Accord with the lame subdued fastback low roof line on the back and limited glass surfaces. The days of sharper more angular rear roof lines seem to be gone, this thing dont appear to look anything like the old badge. Props for the manual though, considering Acura as a brand had killed that transmission for a decade and longer

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Make it Civic Type R with awd and more understated looks and I'm there. Of course the awd is not going to happen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Make it Civic Type R with awd and more understated looks and I'm there. Of course the awd is not going to happen
But the current CTR doesn't really need awd. I don't really understand awd anyway, commit to pushing or pulling, stop hedging. The best awd systems are praised for feeling like rwd. You know, the right setup. To me, fwd and awd are both compromises, and awd will obviously always be heavier. Now, I live in an area of the world that doesn't need awd for weather, so I'm biased to the performance aspects of it only.

The CTR is just so freaking huge, the old one is nearly a foot longer than our cars, and the new one is longer still, so I suspect the Integra won't help that, but with any luck, it will be a CTR that actual adults can drive. I liked the way the old Si and CTR drove, but they were so ugly inside and out, they were always out of the question for me.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
But the current CTR doesn't really need awd. I don't really understand awd anyway, commit to pushing or pulling, stop hedging. The best awd systems are praised for feeling like rwd. You know, the right setup. To me, fwd and awd are both compromises, and awd will obviously always be heavier. Now, I live in an area of the world that doesn't need awd for weather, so I'm biased to the performance aspects of it only.

The CTR is just so freaking huge, the old one is nearly a foot longer than our cars, and the new one is longer still, so I suspect the Integra won't help that, but with any luck, it will be a CTR that actual adults can drive. I liked the way the old Si and CTR drove, but they were so ugly inside and out, they were always out of the question for me.
I always thought AWD really only caught on for performance cars because of the rally car craze initially, but now it seems to be necessary for manufacturers to chase 0-60 times or put down the bonkers amount of HP some cars are making.