GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

Daks

Autocross Champion
Just experience with the superchargers and turbochargers in the Miata and a friend's Exige, the turbo cars fit the nature better and were faster. Superchargers have the parasitic loss and while they make great torque down low, they just all seem to run out of oomph by the time a smallish 4 banger is starting to really rev. I guess they make more sense on big V8's, or at least augmented by a turbocharger for the upper range, like Volvo is doing.
I had a Jackson Racing supercharger on my K20 CSX Type - s. 11lbs of boost and made power all the way to 8200.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I had a Jackson Racing supercharger on my K20 CSX Type - s. 11lbs of boost and made power all the way to 8200.
Certainly helps having dual VTEC, to be fair I haven't driven a very advanced engine with supercharging. Of course the Toyabaru isn't a very advanced engine either.

For reference, this is a stock Exige S.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Great video to get you disappointed…I mean hyped.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I'd imagine today's news is just the pedestrian Integra, we'll have to wait for news on the Type S or whatever the CTR without the side of ugly will be called.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if they unveiled the Type S first actually. Base model to follow, then R later on. A lot of companies have been leading with a performance version to build hype lately.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if they unveiled the Type S first actually. Base model to follow, then R later on. A lot of companies have been leading with a performance version to build hype lately.
I just mean we won't get the full blown CTR version, since they haven't released specifics about the CTR yet, I can't imagine Honda would give out engine specs on the Integra before the CTR. But I've been wrong before.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah they played it safe. I like the styling. Needs more power tho (unless it’s super light). I know the Integra was never a super powerful car but it’s 2021.

Isn’t the new Z around 30k?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Yeah they played it safe. I like the styling. Needs more power tho (unless it’s super light). I know the Integra was never a super powerful car but it’s 2021.

Isn’t the new Z around 30k?
I've heard closer to $40k for the new Z. But still a valid point; if they make a type R it'll end up close to that price point. I'm sure the Acura will be easier to live with as a daily driver, but that's a lot more performance for the money.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Z has no rear seat, so that’s right out for me. A less ugly CTR would be interesting though. Now, where’s the GR Corolla?!

torga

Autocross Champion
Oof, looks like a copy/paste of Civic Si styling. Looks slow and uninspiring, imo. Doesn't even look like an Integra. Looks like a shrink-wrapped MDX.

Far, far cry from these concept images, which more accurately captured the essence of Integra. Without the subtle wedge shape, it's just not an Integra, imo.

1636735723378.png

Playing it safe is getting old... auto industry, movie industry... many others scared of risk.