GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

torga

Autocross Champion
The flip side of this coin is all the people who say how awesome certain cars are and how they need interesting engines, manual transmissions, better steering feel, etc. but don't freaking buy them. Same end result though; someone's opinion about a sports car means jack all to the manufacturer of they can't buy it.
The only recent car I've genuinely been upset about is the Toyota Yaris GR.... because I can't fuckin' buy it. 100" wheelbase, ~2,800 lbs, ~260 hp/tq, AWD, 6spd MT, front/rear LSDs -- that's a hooning machine for barely $40k. That's the most fun-sounding car in that price range that I can think of.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
The new 400Z looks awesome.

Hopefully Acura will offer a proper type R and not just another bland 1.5L
If the new Z is anywhere close to the price and specs running the rumor mill, it's going to be awesome. Performance to match the new Supra at a $10k discount, plus way better looks (subjective, I know). I'm not replacing my GTI for at least 3-4 more years, but I'm really excited about getting to decide between a new Z, a new Integra and a Golf R. Totally different cars with totally different missions, but I'm betting they all land at a similar price point.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Type S NSX looks sexy 👀👀

the

Autocross Champion
The new 400Z looks awesome.

Hopefully Acura will offer a proper type R and not just another bland 1.5L
Excited to see what these can do with a tune. Probably going to EOL my GTI and start saving for one of these pretty soon here.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
I personally love it and think it's the most beautiful Supra to date. And the BMW B58 engine has massive power potential. The biggest flaw of the A90 Supra is the interior, imo. It came directly from the BMW parts bin and lacks all imagination. Compare it to the interior of the A80 Supra -- what a dope interior that was. It looked like the cockpit of a fighter jet.
Same thing with the 86, but from the last Jason Cammisa review, Toyota fixed it in the new 2022 version. He also added some comparison with the MK8 GTI.

torga

Autocross Champion
Same thing with the 86, but from the last Jason Cammisa review, Toyota fixed it in the new 2022 version. He also added some comparison with the MK8 GTI.

The new 86 should definitely be a hit. They completely fixed the lack of low-end power that many complained about with the previous 2.0L engine. Not only does the 2.4L give 30 lb-ft more torque, it all hits about 3k RPM sooner and stays hitting through the powerband. That's what I'm talkin bout.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
The new 86 should definitely be a hit. They completely fixed the lack of low-end power that many complained about with the previous 2.0L engine. Not only does the 2.4L give 30 lb-ft more torque, it all hits about 3k RPM sooner and stays hitting through the powerband. That's what I'm talkin bout.
I didn't think low end was the problem so much as that weird torque valley in the middle of the RPM range. You expect to a good NA engine to have less down low, but a nice power curve out to redline; the old one fell flat from like 3-4k rpm, which was just weird.

But agree, new engine = much better

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The new Integra:

1629781327945.jpeg

sick crossover breh!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
almost as dope as the mitsubishi ECLIPSE crossover!! (*barfs while crying at the same time*)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
almost as dope as the mitsubishi ECLIPSE crossover!! (*barfs while crying at the same time*)

Oh man, and that Chevy Blazer, looks and performs just like its namesake. So bad ass!!!