GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

air ride section?

shortwave360

dub junkie
I think it's time we had a specific air ride section for us to exchange info on products, FAQs, vendors and most importantly installation. The 'tex has a decent section, but the board is diluted with other makes and general BS that the larger boards get.

Many members here are on their way to air ride even if they don't know it yet and I think that an area to discuss all the ins and outs of the technology being used on our platform is due and necessary for the boards continued progression.

We have an excellent experience base to build off of and could have the definitive resource for MKV air ride info in no time flat.
:thumbsup:

Zach L

VR junkie
If specific trends were always catered to we'd have a forum just for hoods w/ a black center (that shit was rampant 3.5 years ago)

I think the current setup covers everything w/o getting too specific.

shortwave360

dub junkie
If specific trends were always catered to we'd have a forum just for hoods w/ a black center (that shit was rampant 3.5 years ago)

There will always be mkvs on air. I don't think you can call something a trend that has been going on for as long as air ride. I don't ever remember seeing a MKV only vinyl or anyone dumping huge amounts of money into a vinyl build. Air ride cannot be compared to something of that nature, it's way more complex and should be discussed at length before anyone just "jumps in" and buys a set up.

Seeing the products on our cars only and discussing them a place where it doesn't turn into a static vs air discussion is basically what I am after. After researching the subject for a bit, I felt the MKV specific info was limited and spread out and required a lot of searching. The technology is getting better and more companies are offering platform specific components for our cars. Keeping up on the industry around their products and the applications for our cars should be readily available in one place and thats what I am proposing. Really thats why we are all here is to have a niche place for info on our cars.

Just wanted to see what the mods think and what other members feel as well, so your comments are appreciated.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Seen a few threads with members looking for more info... Wouldn't you think a company would sponsor the forum? Isn't this board about sharing info, building the scene and making money!?

Still curious what a mod has to say on the issue.

dustinwark

Miesian
+1

I agree on an air-ride/bags subforum.

:rolleyes: air-ride has been a "trend" for a long ass time and is a little more technical than black hoods. I am willing to bet it will be around for a long time as well. It is the natural progression from custom suspension to out of the box coils/springs/struts to new and more modern suspension setups (air-ride).

Best place for this is on vortex. There are people on there that have all makes of cars and have tons of tech knowledge on it. More so than probably here.