GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All Driving Data deleted from We Connect

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Today I checked my We Connect app to see the data of my last journey only for the screen to show a message saying “No driving data has been collected yet”. Then suggests I go for a ‘little’ trip and at the end I will be able to view the data.

I had months and months of information on every journey plus data on refuelling and now of a sudden it’s all gone. Presumably never to be seen again.

When it comes to anything to do with software VW is sh*t. Make cars (better) and leave the tech stuff to those companies that know.

Is this something others have found?

TwoSheds

Have had no issues with We Connect App since setting up from day one .
Found it to be useful.
Presume you have checked all the privacy settings & permissions etc

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
This morning I opened up the We Connect application and surprise, surprise all my data reappeared. Presumably it wandered off for a few days and only returned when it was in the mood to do so.

Computer technology often capable of being both inconsistent and illogical. Attributes that one associates with humans but, wrongly, assume is not present in computers.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
This morning I opened up the We Connect application and surprise, surprise all my data reappeared. Presumably it wandered off for a few days and only returned when it was in the mood to do so.

Computer technology often capable of being both inconsistent and illogical. Attributes that one associates with humans but, wrongly, assume is not present in computers.
Maybe your car temporarily lost its connection to VW’s servers which is presumably where the ‘We Connect’ data is stored?