GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost 5 years without a single dent.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
i had PDR done in the same spot and it came out flawless. also had one on my driver door on the "crease" body line after i flung my winter beater door into it on a windy day as my garage turned into a vortex zone and he was able to get that out too

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
yeah, most quality PDR guys are true magicians now a days... i used to this anything on a body line that bad was unfixable but some of the stuff I have seen lately - that looks like "light work" to them.

I had my fenders painted without blending and its next to impossible to catch the difference aside from the factory paint has more orange peel :LOL:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
So the lesson here is....don't park near friends?
I was watching a friend's softball game when a foul ball nailed my C pillar, was a horrible dent, PDR and gone, magicians I say!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
So the lesson here is....don't park near ANYONE?
I was watching a friend's softball game when a foul ball nailed my C pillar, was a horrible dent, PDR and gone, magicians I say!
ftfy

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yeah this was a space shoved up against a wall, best space I could get with what was left. Pulled extra far in and as far over as possible, had to fold mirrors in as I was so close to the wall. Just meant his door got more speed when the wind took it :mad:

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So the lesson here is....don't park near friends?

Coincidentally, mine was hit in the same spot with via the same culprit. It happened within a few months of owning the car

Four years later and It’s still not noticeable :ROFLMAO:

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Was that "lucky enough" to JUST be a door replacement or was there more hidden damage?
I need to replace the door. But to have it paint matched and matched correctly with the price of the new door, I’ll be outta pocket around 2k

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I need to replace the door. But to have it paint matched and matched correctly with the price of the new door, I’ll be outta pocket around 2k
It's Lapiz Blue, right? That's a reasonably common color and should be no problem for a competent shop to match. I got rear-ended a year ago and the shop I went to listed on the invoice a color match/feather/paint of about 4.5 hours and a cost of less than 250 for the rear hatch or what they say was 70% of it. I can't tell any difference between the hatch and the side panels or even any feathering on the hatch at all. Color looks totally fine.

I mean if you're gonna use one of those digital Pantone color analyzers to find any discrepancies I'm sure you'll see a technical mismatch but, to the human eye, I bet you'll never notice a thing. And if you do, have them do it over!

Last edited:

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Ha-Ha, that sucks, but cars get dented, chipped, scratched. I try to keep my car perfect, but I learned to not get upset when it happens and just repair it and move on.
It will look just as good when its fixed. Good Luck!

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
youre lucky thats all that happened. my car was involved in a hit and run when i was parked outside my buddies apartment. i came outside to see this

View attachment 249795
I would cut a bitch. Sorry to see that.

Friends around the corner from me live on a very busy road. They have a common drive way, but usually park in the street. They lost three vans in as many years, two were drunk, one was texting. I learned street parking is not for me. I actually check unfamiliar spots for parking before I go now.

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I would cut a bitch. Sorry to see that.

Friends around the corner from me live on a very busy road. They have a common drive way, but usually park in the street. They lost three vans in as many years, two were drunk, one was texting. I learned street parking is not for me. I actually check unfamiliar spots for parking before I go now.
oh trust me, if i had found who did it they would be in serious trouble. thats all i can say. i even went up and down the street and checked every single car on the block to see if they had my paint on their bumper. i cursed so loud when i first saw it, that i actually scared a lady walking her dog.

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI