GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto Wireless

MrGolf112

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when the GolfMk8 will be updated so android auto will work without using a wire. I remember seeing on the website it saying it will be coming to the Golf soon just wondering if this has been done yet as mines still not working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Gio_57

If it ends up being like the wireless carplay on my golf then you will resort back to using a wire after 2 trips…

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Are you having problems with wireless carplay? I have to say i use it all the time and apart the rare chance it doesnt connect automatically, everything else is fluid (1668 infotainment sw snd IOS 15.1).
I remember before IOS 15 beta was released i was having problems with sound interruptions…

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when the GolfMk8 will be updated so android auto will work without using a wire. I remember seeing on the website it saying it will be coming to the Golf soon just wondering if this has been done yet as mines still not working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
We know of a new software update 1810 that is specifically tailored for the 816B / 816C HW units with 166x sw and this has AA wireless working. But still nothing about it been released to the workshops…

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
I presume it must be with the latest version of android (i don't follow such things) but my new google pixel 6 has a far superior version of android auto than the one in the pixel 5 i was using before.
Much easier to navigate and has better features for streaming.