GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Animals on the road

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Several elk crossing Interstate 17 near Flagstaff, AZ. And cows in some rural areas that are open range.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Moose, big ones! 1100-1300 pounds. They move around from dusk to dawn. People actually drive into them hitting their legs, the body comes through the windshield.....people killed every single year. I came inches from one on a motorcycle at night,mi just didn't see it, they are dark and don't move real fast. Tons of deer here as well. A serious issue.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Full grown doe. Ran perpendicular to my car at 78 mph and crushed my front end. Moose though ^, no joke

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've been pretty lucky. The only one I can think of is a little bird that waited too long to fly away. It went to fly and hit the under carriage. There's so much city you don't really have to worry about animals, just the stupid people.

I was in a buddys car once and we were just about back into the city going down this road with no lights on it. Out of no where we both see this huge boar about to run right in front of us. There was nothing he could have done since we didn't see it until it was like 20 feet ahead of us. Then somehow nothing happened. The boar must have turned around at the last second or stopped. All we saw was a flash of a big ass boar about to run into the road right in front us and then nothing.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Armadillo!
Just did not clear.
UBX Unibrace acts like a cheese grater at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Saw this snapper on the street today warming itself. Didn't want it to get hit so I stopped traffic until it crawled into the ditch. It's not a big animal but the biggest turtle I've seen on the neighborhood street
snapping.JPG

Baka

Ready to race!
badger_1945474c.jpg

Badger, badger, badger.

Took out the grill, bumper and condenser.

I don't think he knew much about it, he was very dead when I got out to check the damage and move him out the road.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Saw this snapper on the street today warming itself. Didn't want it to get hit so I stopped traffic until it crawled into the ditch. It's not a big animal but the biggest turtle I've seen on the neighborhood street View attachment 171706
Big enough to take your finger off fo sho.

When I was growing up in Vermont (80's) my neighbor from across the street came upon a car vs. Moose crash on the highway. I don't remember what kind of car it was, a smallish sedan, but the driver was killed by the moose crushing the roof.

Phur

Autocross Champion
As a teenager, I was hauling ass down a dusty gravel road, late at night going 40mph. Through the dust I start to make out something. A horse, standing sideways right in the middle of the road! I don’t know how I missed the horse and stayed out of the ditch.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
As a teenager, I was hauling ass down a dusty gravel road, late at night going 40mph. Through the dust I start to make out something. A horse, standing sideways right in the middle of the road! I don’t know how I missed the horse and stayed out of the ditch.

The horse thanks you.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Was riding in the gunner’s position of an M901 in a heavy downpoor when we hit a large cow.

Phur

Autocross Champion