GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anti-Bucket List - what would you never do again?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I did one half-marathon, that was enough. But how about century (100-mile) bicycle rides? Those are much more fun.
Oh no worries on a century, well, except the autos that don’t know or care to give a minimum of 3 feet of room and can’t understand that it’s legal to cross the double yellow for peds/ cyclists. I usually save my bonks for the single track though.

Swimming can suck it and my knees/ back don’t like running for more than 5 miles. Good to be old and know my limits. I used to think I’d want to complete a tri or marathon but the older I get, the happier I am not to kill my body. Screw that bucket-list BS that my younger self thought would be a good thing!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Have kids.

On edit:
Okay, clearly there are mixed reviews and my wife was like “WTF Corprin?!??”

Most Have heard of the concept of a bucket list... but what's on your anti bucket list? As in, what something you've done that you'd prefer never do again?

I have kids, they are great and I don’t regret having them one bit. If I could go back in time I’d do it all again. But given the opportunity to have kids again, like another round of it all, especially this late in the game, fuck right off.

Last edited:

cb1111

Have kids.

On edit:

I have kids, they are great and I don’t regret having them one bit. If I could go back in time I’d do it all again. But given the opportunity to have kids again, like another round of it all, especially this late in the game, fuck right off.
That generally has something to do with it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Best cruise line I have been on is Windstar. Small ships, very personable, no formality, no drunks. The bridge is open except during port maneuvers, the captain and crew are very approachable. I have sailed on Celebrity in the past (2009 and before), and they were nice at that time. Don't know about today, I will find out this summer if they are still enjoyable. Of course, if you want water slides, climbing walls, and roller coasters on your ship, then you'll be cruising with the People of WalMart.

We did a windjammer cruise out of Maine. A 100 YO sailboat. It was around 75' and had about 20 passengers. Great food but you had to enjoy reading as there were no real activities. They would anchor in a small town or cove each evening.. We both liked it but never went again.
For the above quotes: I have found that cruises are either designed to be floating slave labor resorts for the Poors OR designed to get you to places you actually want to see, rarely both.
Have kids.

On edit:

Definitely this.

Also, eating raw sea urchin. I'll try any food once, but that will never get near my mouth again

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
camp in a tent.

ever since i went to the rolex a bunch of years ago and rented a minivan to sleep in i refuse to go back to regular tent camping.

having a hard shell for drunk people to fall into instead of a tent, and being able to use heat or ac is a gamechanger.